Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When should i start to sell my old ski gear?

Poster: A snowHead
Snowheads...

I'm conducting an unofficial poll!

I have some ski gear I want to get rid of on Ebay - a couple of jackets, a pair of pants and a few other bits and bobs - and i want to obviously maximise the number of potential buyers.

Do you reckon that people have started looking to buy their ski gear yet? I reckon that second hand gear is probably mostly aimed at new skiers who don't want to spend a lot incase they don't ever go again - so, do you reckon that someone going skiing next year for the first time will have started to shop for stuff yet?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go for it now, definitely not too early IMV.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got my old kit on there now, on the basis bargian hunters go to the ski shows come away dissapointed and then look on e bay. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers...

I'm off on the sick today with suspected pig flu so am putting my time to good use trying to make some cash!

I'll get them listed!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going away next week, but have just sorted a pile of stuff suitable for ebay. I'll do it all when I come back, before the Christmas rush starts.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
magic_hat, remember to end the listing on a Sunday - aledgedly achieves the best price.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic_hat, adding to what Boredsurfing, said: finish it on sunday evening, but look what will be on tv using www.radiotimes.co.uk. for a 10 day auction you need to start on a thursday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, carroz, Aaah - never thought of that. Have just put a load of other random stuff on there which all finishes Monday am. Bummer!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magic_hat, I was thinking the same myself but if you look there are sweet bu**er all offers on a lot of the items, so I would suggest delaying a bit
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski, Just had a look at completed items for North Face jackets (which is one of the things i want to list). They do all seem to sell, but are going for pretty stingy prices.

Tough call. To list or not to list! I guess the problem with delaying a bit is that yes, there may well be more people bidding, but there may also be a lot more items listed!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magic_hat, have a look here. Just about covers all you need to know....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NOW! I just sold Mouth Juniors ski suit from last year and got a great price. People are planning and buying
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NOW! I just sold Mouth Juniors ski suit from last year and got a great price. People are planning and buying
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jon.L, Good thread - cheers.

Mouth, Ta. Think I'll hang fire until Sunday night and whack them on a 7 day-er.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Advertised some ladies skis on Snowheads for 100 quid. No takers, put them on ebay and got 160 for them about 4 weeks ago.. Laughing Very Pleased.
latest report
My stuff is definitely going on - if these can sell, my decent stuff will deffo sell.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PAIRS-SKI-SOCKS-SIZE-2-TO-6_W0QQitemZ220496051520QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE?hash=item335696bd40#ht_623wt_1165
latest report
I did really well with kids stuff in the run up to Feb half term, some stuff went for more than I paid for it Puzzled Laughing
ski holidays
Who do people use for dispatching skis these days. Royal Mail don't want to know....
snow conditions
RobW, www.parcel2go.com are worth a try. I don't know about skis, but i use them for most packages that i send.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Got my old kit on there now, on the basis bargian hunters go to the ski shows come away dissapointed and then look on e bay. Very Happy

Don't you love e bay Very Happy My 10 year+ old ski boots ended with a bidding war and they sold for just under £50.00 Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

Who do people use for dispatching skis these days. Royal Mail don't want to know....

www.interparcel.com
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy