Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains to Bourg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have found some talk on here of trains from Geneva to Bourg, I had a look at the SNCF site but doesn't seem to mention anything about Geneva on their routes, am I missing something?

Cheers Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pika1971, You will struggle on that route, IME.

There is no direct line, AFAIK....you'll need to get out to Belleverde, or Cluses and change for Annecy-Albertiville-Moutier-BSM which will probably take in the region of 3hrs in total, as a guess..and be a pain as well...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

If you go to the French version of the site you will see a box in the bottom right hand corner entitled 'Acheter un billet'. Type in 'Geneve' on the depart column, 'Bourg St Maurice' on the Arrive column and enter the dates you want to travel. It will show the train times and cost for trains within the next 3 months. You have to change at Chambery and also have to catch one of the frequent trains to/from the airport to Geneva centre if are travelling to/from the airport.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Strangely, I find that the SNCF website often shows no trains for this route, whereas if you look on the Swiss railway website (www.sbb.ch) you'll find lots of options.

Probably easier on the bus though, there are direct buses from the airport to Bourg.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that guys very helpful.

Hadn't thought about a bus though, which bus companies travel direct?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pika1971,www.coach-station.com will give you all the coaches from Geneva airport to France and the Ski areas.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Deutsche Bahn have an excellent English journey planner for just about anywhere in Europe; http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did this by train years ago. It wasn't direct and had to change trains in the middle of nowhere. Made it ok, but a direct bus is probably a lot easier if you are carrying kit.

Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
radar wrote:
pika1971,www.coach-station.com will give you all the coaches from Geneva airport to France and the Ski areas.

I did a dummy purchase for returns for 2 adult and 3 kids in January and it wasn't far of the cost of what we will pay in total to drive over from the UK Shocked .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy