Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee or Zermatt for glacier ski test?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never ben to Saas Fee. How does the glacier compare to Zermatt?

It rained heavily overnight and is still going so there must be some snow up high. Sun forecast for tomorrow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here are some pictures from Saas Fee today.

A few cm's of fresh snow on the glacier

But dries up further down

Not ideal for off piste. Check out all the crevasses Shocked

Although still a few freshies

View up from the resort

Nice glacier for skiing! Steep slopes (compared to the flat ones at Zermatt), nice scenery and if there had been 20cm more snow it looks like you could ski down to the Cable car station at 2500m which would increase the vertical to over 1000m Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, I think you have to be realistic about what to expect when you plan to go. At anyone time, I would think you could get 1000m at Zermatt easily, particularly as the top lift is 3899. The glacier at Saas Fee is noted for being very crevassed. If you want to test skis then both would be much of a muchnees and I'd plump for Saas Fee, but if you want the chance for off-piste tracks then I'd hedge towards Zermatt.

I'd settle for those conditions anywhere in October...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, despite the small area I liked Saas Fee. It was bl00dy fantastic to be back on skis! Re Zermatt I could only think of the long flat glacier run with the monster T bar back up but I'm sure you're right that there must. Be more than that open given the altitude.

Ski test was just for fun. New skis this year will be for touring with Dynafit bindings.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy