Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
Has anyone used Alps2Alps for transfer from Grenoble? Having trouble booking online on their website and they are not answering my email contacts with them.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
herecomethegirls, I have not used them but would suggest you fire off another email and see what response you get! Then give them a call, if they still dont want your business look elsewhere!

There prices must be very cheap if you are still considering their services after the reception you have had from them so far!!! Where are you going to?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
herecomethegirls, Never used them, sorry. But you're having no response to your communications, I think I'd be asking myself what would happen if you had a similar problem whilst waiting at the airport for them to collect you.... Confused

Welcome to snowHead s though!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they're based in resort, remember it's super low season. Everything is shut here - including the ski school, where I'd like to book some lessons for Christmas. Someone on Snowheads mentioned a few weeks ago that they weren't answering emails - and I want to book in person so I can ask for a specific instructor.

So I don't think you can necessarily write off local French businesses if they're not communicating effectively at this time of year - though I think they should make that clear on their websites.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone. They have just emailed me today saying that their website is updating and will be up and running next week, and that their prices on the site are incorrect! We are 9 going to La Plagne January 16th
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
herecomethegirls, 9 is an awkward number! When we go in group of 9 we normaly hire a mini bus and self drive! As I think most of the taxis are for 8 persons plus driver. That could be that some of the 9 kerrymen could be slightly rotund wink ! If you have to order two seperate taxis it could cost an arm and a leg! Let us know what there prices are!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
herecomethegirls wrote:
Thanks everyone. They have just emailed me today saying that their website is updating and will be up and running next week, and that their prices on the site are incorrect! We are 9 going to La Plagne January 16th

Have a look at http://www.snofox.co.uk/ which is transfer company run by a snowhead (redrunmarcus) and he's based in La Plagne who may be able to help.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Bertie Bassett, looks like redrunmarcus only has transfer available mon to fri.
Hi Roy Hockley, what kind of minibus do you hire when you go in group of 9, we have looked at Renault Trafic, Mercedes Vito and such like but we are worried that there would be no room for 9 pieces of luggage and some hand luggage along with the 9 people.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In a traffickthe front seat next to the driver has very limited leg room. Best to put your smalles passenger there or alternate. It is seriously incomfortable. Also make sure you hire the long wheel base one as the short wheel based one will not get things like skis etc in the back.

Andy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
herecomethegirls, We hired a 9 seater Vito for 7 of us, half of us had snowboards. It was a squeeze, I think all the suitcases went in the boot, but the snowboards had to be stacked over 2 (over 2 rows)seats closest to the window, so fine for 7 but we would have sturggled with 9....unless you get e roof box. IIRC we did actually order a roof ox, but they didn't have one when we got there, hence stuffing the snowboards in the back.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
herecomethegirls, I do not know what type of mini bus they have been but always managed 9, never had a problem! Then again we dont go with snowboarders!! wink Sorry joydivision, I could not resist it! Actually we have gone with boarders, and we still managed. It was a bit of a squeeze but still managed. Skis and boards are trickier to take and only a couple of us took our own, easier to rent in resort if we dont go to our own place.

It is a bit tight but for the length of time you are in the bus it is not much more of a hassle than on most flights. You can always stop and have a cup of coffee every hour if you must!

Enjoy the holiday, we are off the week after you so dont use up all the snow!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anderoo, when are you starting your season? As a few may be over in December just before the official start of the season!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roy Hockley, I start the first week of December. Last Year there was awrsome snow starting the 23rd december and Les Gets opened for the last weekend of Nov (albeit just the chavanne face).

Pm me and I will give you my contact details.

Andy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anderoo, Will do, we hope to be over there 5th December. As you say last year was fantastic, went same week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

As you say last year was fantastic

and the previous year complete rubbish; only 1 lift opened in the whole Courchevel valley as of 11 Dec.
snow report
pam w, In the PdS it was even better than last year we went end of November and had fantastic powder and not a sinner on the mountain. They opened about 6 or 7 lifts but fantastic conditions!
latest report
Mon dieu..........why don't we talk about Look turntable bindings?
ski holidays
kevin mcclean, why are they shite too! I have to admit that I inadvertantly took the thread off topic when I enquired about a transfer as it was early in the season! Embarassed
snow report
kevin mcclean wrote:
Mon dieu..........why don't we talk about Look turntable bindings?
Laughing Laughing Laughing .
ski holidays
Thanks everyone
we have decided to forgo the transfer idea and are hiring a 9 seater instead at just over half the price. Cant wait for January Laughing
snow conditions
Have fun and dont forget to take "Tomtom" or as we call her in this house "Katie" with you! It will be a doddle for you!

It really does work out good value if there are enough of you and also gives you flexibility to go somewhere else for the day! Make sure that whoever is hiring gets one of those year round excess insurance jobbies as it is the cost of one weeks insurance from the hire company but get it on line saves a bundle!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 6-11-09 19:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

dont forget to take "Tom and Tom" with you!

and don't forget to check what the GPS says against a map and commonsense.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy