Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions near Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Zurich on the 6th of March for a week. I've got a few ideas for places to go, but I thought I'd see if anybody else had any good suggestions. It's basically my wife and I and our 2 kids (aged 2+4).

Both our kids love going to the swimming pool, so a decent pool would be useful.

My wife isn't overly fussed for skiing/boarding so some other things to do would be great.

It might be nice to put my oldest into ski school for a few days (she has messed around on skis before).

We're probably going to self cater, since it's nice to have a couple of bedrooms, so we can relax when the kids go to bed.

I've been thinking about St Moritz and Davos, purely from the point of view that they seem quite large, so there will be more for a non skier to do.

Any other suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMO, Klosters is a much prettier place to stay in that Davos (which is lots of grey block buildings - more like a town and less like village). You get similar access to the slopes from Klosters.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Moritz is actually quite a journey from Zurich but the train ride is spectacular
I went touring in that region in May and was really impressed. huge variety of skiing, even if it isn't as perfectly interlinked as some of the french mega-resorts. spectacular mountains and generally a nice feel to the place
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oberlech
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm off to Laax at half term via Zurich. Looks as if it would fit the bill ski wise. I'm not sure about pools and other things to do though..

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 22-10-09 18:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiingQuinHat wrote:
IMO, Klosters is a much prettier place to stay in that Davos (which is lots of grey block buildings - more like a town and less like village). You get similar access to the slopes from Klosters.
Agreed, and it's easy to access Davos for shopping too, if you like pottering about on trains or buses, they're very frequent and, of course, always on time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
SkiingQuinHat wrote:
Agreed, and it's easy to access Davos for shopping too, if you like pottering about on trains or buses, they're very frequent and, of course, always on time.

The kids love trains and buses so no problem there. I did look at Klosters but there doesn't seem to be many self catering apartments for rent. I'll have another look this evening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B wrote:
I'm off to Laax at half term via Zurich. Looks as if it would fit the bill ski wise. I'm not sure about pools and other things to do though..

Drop us a PM when you're heading there then, maybe we can get some turns in.

Laax village has a public swimming pool, and the Laaxerhof and Signina hotels both have pools that are open to the public (although poss not the cheapest). For non-skiers, the scenery up the mountain is good and there are some good restos accessible by lift. The three villages are small (Flims is the biggest) but worth a nose. If you get on a bus you can get to Chur in 1/2 hour or Ilanz in prob 20 mins. If a non-skier wants a big day out, then they should be able to get to Zurich by public transport in a couple of hours. The ski school in Laax seems to be very well set up for kids, including story time - the ski school runs the creche too
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arosa

http://www.arosa.ch/en/welcome.cfm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to Laax last year with 5 mates, we dropped on with the snow conditions, was the best I have had for ages so my opinion might be slightly biased because of this. Ski area is good. We stayed at Laax Murchsteg (sp?), pretty quiet and not very pretty, but the ski area is great. Also linked in with the ski area is Flims. This looked like a much more traditional ski village with more charm and character so if you are thinking of the Laax ski area I would probably recommend Flims for a family. Not sure about the pool though.

We booked a self catering apartment through the Laax Tourist board. Not sure if there is a separate one for Flims, but they were very helpfull.

Enjoy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want something a bit closer to Zurich try engleberg or flumseberg not the biggest resorts in Switzerland but good fun. I have stayed just outside Zug (25 mins on the train from Zurich) and skied these 2 resorts + Stoos, rickenbach and Klosters all a very easy drive apart from Klosters which was about a 2 hour drive.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops wrote:
Arosa

I'd agree with this. Arosa is a lovely town with good skiing. If you decide you want some great catered accom I can recommend this place:

http://www.snowypockets.co.uk/

They really looked after us on our annual "Dad's ski weekend" last winter
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eng_ch, Yes will do, I'm there 13th - 20th February, just my daughter and me. Have found your site helpful. I think the apartment we have booked is in the same block as yours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roger C wrote:
rayscoops wrote:
Arosa

I'd agree with this. Arosa is a lovely town with good skiing. If you decide you want some great catered accom I can recommend this place:

http://www.snowypockets.co.uk/

They really looked after us on our annual "Dad's ski weekend" last winter

Looks like it's booked the week I'm going, but Arosa looks very interesting. Will definitely have a look at it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy