Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA flights to Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought this might be useful to other Snowheads.

After searching for flights to Turin that don't leave at stupid oclock in the morning, I have discovered that BA operate a Saturday flight that departs at 15:10 out of Gatwick. I know that Gatwick is not the best airport for those of us in the midlands and north, but at least an afternoon flight gives us time to get down south, as opposed to the 7.am flight from Stansted or something similar!

Its cost me £120 return which when you factor in the 23kg luggage allownace, and 2 handheld bags that are allowed I think is very reasonable. Plus i'll get a little snack, won't have to pay to check in, use the toilet, print my boarding pass etc!

Hope this info is useful to someone
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kyoto49 I think a lot of my UK guests use that flight, as we do Sunday arrival. Still too far south for us though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kyoto49, thanks for highlighting that. Could be useful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gutted that I can't get the Doncaster flight to Turin that I got last season, so having to do Birmingham instead. It's a fairly early start but at least Birmingham is only an hour away. That's with Thomsonfly BTW.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately one of the many, what I call euphemistically 'sticking points' when organising my moaning, whining families' ski trip! is that they refuse point blank to take any flight that involves getting out of bed before 7AM! To be fair I kind of agree, but if I say so myself, I am not quite so objectionable about it!

Personally I think a nice midday flight to Turin out of Man or BHX would do very well! BA, Easyjet anyone (except Ryanair NehNeh )?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kyoto49, we use Ryanair from Stansted when we go to Turin,(travelling by car is more normal though) .The 7am flight suits us as we can travel down after work the evening before, and be in Serre Chevalier by lunchtime.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kyoto49, I'm not a morning person but I don't mind the early starts when I'm going skiing. It's not like I'll be sleeping much due to huge excitement! Smile

The only thing I object to is inconvenient airports with a more than an hour's drive home when I get back and just want to sleep!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, I agree. Don't get a lot of choice though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have used BA from Gatwick > Turin multiple times in both summer and winter. Aswell as using easyjet and ryanair to fly to Turin from their respective London bases. At peak times BA normally charge roughly the same price as easyjet and ryanair, with a far better service once you've finally got up in the air. I reckon Ryanair's claim that they are more punctual is correct. Experienced quite a few delays on that route before with BA.

I can't really complain or add to the discussion between you guys living t'up north getting to Turin as I'm a southern fairy, all London airports are within 1 hour 45 min drive. There seem to be lots of flights to Turin from the north, but only with the TO's or Ryanair on a saturday (I think?).

Turin airport has to be my favourite airport in the world. There will always be a smile on my face when walking through Turin airport arrivals.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i wonder if you are affected like me by Thomas cook chopping their late season Manchester or Birmingham Turin flights, i have switched to the Gatwick one for my package and got my £50 flight supplement back
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cockerhoop, my parents wre going to book a Newcastle flight only, so they could come and stay with us in March . They mayl be unable to do so now, as flight stops on March 7th . Possibly looking at them flying out from somewhere one-way (probably BA Ncl-Heathrow-Lyon) , and then driving back with us.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont

Quote:

my parents were going to book a Newcastle flight only, so they could come and stay with us in March . They may be unable to do so now, as flight stops on March 7th

Which NCL flight stops on 7.3.10??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict, the thomson/crystal one to Turin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After Chambery last year, I'd actually prefer a ridiculous o'clock flight out to the resort - that way the airport organisation has less time to fall over and be a total mess. Our original flight (with package) didn't happen so we ended up with 3pm flight out. Arrived Tignes 1.30am following morning, dinner (which was delicious) had to be microwaved and consumed hastily before falling into bed. No ski kit/passes organised - fortunately I'd decided to start lessons on the Monday and do 5 days!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy