Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car insurance abroad

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sloooowly sorting out my season and got in touch with my car insurer today to find out if I would be covered in France. They said no and it would be better to cancel my policy and start a new policy with a company that does as it's for 5 months +.

So does anyone have any reccomendations for insurers who cover France with breakdown cover? Not that I think I'll need it.... Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CSki, Liverpool Victoria give 180 days cover, try booking it through Nationwide building society for a discount off the normal price. I have a separate breakdown policy thro Quoteline direct for about £60.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, thanks very much, I just have a look at it's £200 more than my policy at the moment, eeek! Will have a shop round and see if I can do any better.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CSki, ecarinsurance.com give 365 days European cover, I used them this year just gone, conveniently they were also the cheapest at the time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CSki, cheapest for us, but then we're old married folks with kids.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CSki, You will need to check that the insurer is offering the same cover abroad as in the UK. There will be default minimum 3rd party cover in the EU on the policy, but that wont be much good to you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, that company quoted almost a grand!!!!

Oooooh it's all looking very complicated! Don't say I have to fit 5 months of clothes in luggage and leave the car at home!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BergenBergen, thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that, def something to look out for!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CSki, Have sent you a pm - happy to look into if you wish, but would need full details!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NFU have been mentioned a few times.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CSki, a long solid period abroad can be problematical - as can longer trips. We had to shop around even to find a company which offered 60 day trips. You might find it easier if you come home a coupla times during your season.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, it is not a problem with Liverpool Victoria, 180 days can be consecutive. Cheapest for us, but not for everyone
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, I definately couldn't justify popping back and forth as I'll also be away working. I think it's best in my case to ditch the car and use the buses in the resort. My cars only woth £600 or so, winter tyres, chains, and now spensive insurance just isn't worth it! I'm still working on the married with kids thing so it'll be a while until I'll be getting cheaper insurance! NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CSki wrote,
Quote:

I'm still working on the married with kids thing so it'll be a while until I'll be getting cheaper insurance!

And then you wont need more than 7 consecutive days european cover wink

If your now not planing on taking the car but are interested in splitting the driving and costs of travel let me know.
I'm booked on the 2355 ferry friday 20th and hoping to hit Tignes Sat21st lunchtime.
I'm heading for Verbier morning of Sunday 29th after that.
I estimate cost at £90-£100 inc Tolls fuel and Ferry. Ski carrage is free snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RPF, I heart you. Sending a PM now.
snow conditions
RPF, if I heart you as well do you think there's any chance I could add another pair of skis to your car and me collect them from you in Tignes? It will save me dicking around at the aiport with skis and the dreaded ski carriage. However, if CSki's handbags take up all your spare space in the car no need to worry.

Wink
latest report
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing No problem. If you bring em to Hemel on the 14th or I could pick em up en route to Dover if you need them in the meantime.
snow conditions
RPF wrote:
No problem.
That's what you think. Clearly she hasn't told you about her handbag fetish yet!

RPF wrote:
If you bring em to Hemel on the 14th or I could pick em up en route to Dover if you need them in the meantime.

I haven't bought them yet, and might not have them in time but thanks very much from the offer. I'll let you know if I have a pair of skis for you, and maybe I could take them to CSki rather than you having you make a big diversion to collect them (although after my handbag jokes she might well chop them into matchsticks in which case all this is moot).
snow conditions
CSki, Just a thought, but if you'll still be out there by the EoSB, you might even be able to blag a lift back with someone - or at least your skis might. wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Clearly she hasn't told you about her handbag fetish yet!

I did'nt tell her about mine Shocked Laughing
snow report
Axa (a French Company) do normal standard car insurance which is valid throughout Europe. I got mine through the AA.

Make sure you get Policy limitation 89 Axa Overseas Section 10 Subsection 2 pertaining to the 90 days limit deleted so that cover shall apply for the full policy period.

I notice on the Axa https://secure.swiftcover.com/ website there is an Add driving abroad cover [New] in the panel Headed Existing Customers.
snow report
gravystuffing, not seen you on here before, I think I probably know you from another 'voice' related forum.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy