Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Martin to the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

We are staying in a chalet near St Martin, roughly 10 minutes drive.

Just wanted to ask, does anyone have any opinions on the best way to get to the slopes? Are we going to have to get a hire car? Or are the local buses any good?

Thanks for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
allthegiants, Do you mean St Martin de Bellville in the 3 valleys ? Have you checked with the Chalet to see if they already have transport arrangements in place. If there are no local buses you can catch I would be surprised if they didn't.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And if so do you mean down the valley from St Martin de B? Is it close to the main road or in a hamlet off it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd get a hire car myself - gives you more freedom to the ends of your day..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
allthegiants, exactly where are you staying? and how are you getting to the chalet from home?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Sorry for the delay, been waiting for information back from my friend.

We are staying in St Jean de Belleville. A small hamlet near St M d B. The chalet is a friend of a friends and i don't think there is any transport arrangements in place.

We are probably going to fly into Geneva, and looking at either a transfer or, as long as there is no problems with taking a hire car across to France, a hire car.

Cheers for the help
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think you may need a car. I don't think the bus is that frequent. If there are a few of you, hiring a car probably won't cost much more than transfers and it will be a whole lot easier. No problem to take a Swiss car to France. You should also check about car parking in St Martin. I'm assuming it should be ok but don't know.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
allthegiants, We are staying in Villarenger and using the hire cars to get to the slopes. They will be a must for us and for you!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, guess we are going to have to bite the bullet and hire one.

Cheers for the help.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
allthegiants wrote:
Ok, guess we are going to have to bite the bullet and hire one.

Cheers for the help.

So before you ask the obvious next question.

GVA airport actually straddles 2 countries - France and Switzerland and so you can choose to exit the airport either via the French side or Swiss side. You can rent cars from both sides of the airport, however the ones on the swiss side generally come with winter tyres and therefore most people think that's the better option, plus its much easier to drive back to the swiss side (IMHO).

For more information on hiring cars @ GVA then http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47851&start=51

Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to Moutiers with no traffic then time to get up the hill.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had a car when we stayed in St Martin allthegiants, and it was quite useful to just take it up to the top of the valley at Val Thorens to get into the system there. It wasn't that long a drive up.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers for the help guys.

Much appreaciated. Hope everyone has a good season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy