Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More Sauze D'oulx questions!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Your always so helpful so I have a couple more queries i'd be grateful to gain your help on!

How do we get from the airport to the train station that serves Oulx?

What is there to do in Turin if we spend a day there before flying home? Are there any luggage lockers at the station?

Do any ski schools meet at the bottom of the Clotes lift, or do they all meet at Sportinia?

Which ski schools do good kids snowboard lessons? I looked at one which only seemed to do a 3 day course with 2 hours a day, compared to the ski lessons which were 5 days x 3 hours.

Many Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a station at the airport and also buses. However I have never done the journey myself.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you had a look at www.sauzeonline.com? It's a really good site plus has a contact form where they are most helpful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure if still up to date, certainly the costs won't be, so checkl !!

. Caselle-Torino-Oulx-Sauze d'Oulx

To get the train, you need to get to Torino Porta Nuova station.
By coach (public, runs about once every half an hour) - Cost: €6.50 each, one way - Time: 40 mins By Taxi - Cost: €30-35 one way - Time: 30 mins

Train to Oulx
First Class: €6.50 each, one way
Second Class: €4.30 each, one way
Runs about once every 90 minutes. Last train to Oulx at about 19:30. HOWEVER, last train to Oulx when the Oulx-Sauze-d'Oulx coach is running leaves at 18:00. Different times on sundays. Last coach/train to Torino leaves Sauze at 18:45.
Time: about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Coach Oulx-Sauze d'Oulx:
Cost: €1.25 each, one way. Get tickets from the station.
Time: 15 minutes
Coaches usually leave about 10-15 minutes after the train arrives, but will usually wait if the train is late.

2. Caselle-Sauze d'Oulx

Taxi:
Cost: about €125 each way. Could be negotiated if booked in advance.
Time: 1 hour 15 (depends on traffic). (have done it in 48 minutes, sticking to the speed limit. If the speed limit is 200kph.)

Hire Car
Cost: depends on car and time of year. Between €50 and €80 per day minimum, plus fuel (depends - maybe €50) and tolls (approx €15 each way).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is so helpful, Thanks. Our flight arrives at 18:00 so I'm guessing realistically a taxi is the best option. Can't believe the price of the train though, bargain. Will definitely be using that to get back to the airport as we have an afternoon flight home.

Is it best to use a turin taxi firm, or a sauze one?

Thanks very much again. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kyoto49, not sure on taxi. Personally I'd be inclined to check the train times and get a taxi to the train station. You could try a Sauze one and if they've a drop off they may hand around but more likely you're better ofs with Turin. Don't just jump in a waiting taxi and say take me to Sauze ! Remember motorway tolls likely to be extra.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy