Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort on front of WTSS 2009?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm sure this must be somewhere in the book but I can't find it on the back cover or inside and the run into the village looks lovely and every time I pick up the book I start trying to find a reference to it.

Does anyone recognise the resort? It's on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Ski-Snowboard-2010-Resorts/dp/0955866316/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255949897&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21

Thanks
Rebecca
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it Les Menuires.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It must be from the better side ... distinct lack of council-flat buildings Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not ask them directly?

http://www.wtss.co.uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Better side ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, did as you suggested and it turns out to be Berwang in Austria's Zugspitz Arena. I've never heard of it but it looks lovely.

Hard to believe it's not Les Menuires all the same.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Once you know the name, it is easy to find a similar image to confirm it.
http://www.musicholiday.com/BWMH.htm

The bottom left image on that page is almost identical.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MissRibena, quite a few nice little resorts in the Zugspitz arena, a very scenic area of the Northern Limestone Alps, sort of place you could do a different area each day, been on my wishlist for a while, sadly not undiscovered, very popular with Dutch and Germans as it's so handy for the end of the A7 Autobahn.

Quite handy for new Ryanair destination Memmingen too, could be a plan! Smile

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 19-10-09 15:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only village in the Zugspitz arena whose name I can recall seeing in any UK TO brochure is Lermoos, although it appears there is a combined liftpass (Happy ski card) that also includes Garmisch (in Germany) and Seefeld, and there is a train free with guestcard to get between the areas and to Garmisch..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney wrote:
The only village in the Zugspitz arena whose name I can recall seeing in any UK TO brochure is Lermoos, although it appears there is a combined liftpass (Happy ski card) that also includes Garmisch (in Germany) and Seefeld, and there is a train free with guestcard to get between the areas and to Garmisch..

There's a couple of areas at Ehrwald, a small area at Biberwier, access to the Zugspitze glacier area as well as Berwang and Lermoos all in close proximity to each other and all on that same liftpass. You would probably have to do it DIY, plenty of good value hotels/apartments so no problems there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just thought I would explain that we are now in the habit of not naming the resort shown on the cover, partly in order to have a bit of a competition at the annual launch party. This year no one in the assembled group of about 150 journalists and tour operators got it right.

Chris Gill
editor
Where to Ski and Snowboard
http://www.wtss.co.uk
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
onapairofmissions, welcome to snowHeads. You should open up next year's competition to snowHeads to see if any of us can guess Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar:

Yeah, why not? Maybe I'll put a few past ones up on the site and post a link.

cheers

Chris
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
onapairofmissions wrote:
rob@rar:

Yeah, why not? Maybe I'll put a few past ones up on the site and post a link.

cheers

Chris

That would be good (and maybe a copy of the current edition as a prize? Wink )
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit frightening, but I have a picture taken from the exact same location (somewhat less snow, however):
Berwang and a White Stripe

When I was there, Berwang was actually full of English families, while Lermoos was the Dutch enclave.
ski holidays
That would explain why the 2010 edition is also not named in the book, can anyone advise where it is as it looks fabulous
latest report
ami in berlin wrote:
A bit frightening, but I have a picture taken from the exact same location (somewhat less snow, however):
Berwang and a White Stripe

When I was there, Berwang was actually full of English families, while Lermoos was the Dutch enclave.

Wow.

for comparison, here is the front cover:

latest report
I didn't know my editor was a Snowhead!

Hi all - and onapairofmissions Very Happy

Great photo isn't it. And no, we didn't reveal it to anyone before the book launch.
latest report
Storm, welcome to snowHeads Smile
snow conditions
onapairofmissions, great to get a reply from you.

From my own point of view, I would have loved if there was a note on the inside/back cover saying that the front cover would be announced (or whatever) on such-a-website on such-a-date. I wouldn't have felt so stupid for not being able to find it. Although, granted it kept my interest a little longer this time around, it wouldn't happen like that a second time.

It's the first time I've bought WTSS and I'm really enjoying it (it always seems a little pricey but now that I see the size, I can understand that better). Up to now I've just kept all my TO brochures each year for reference and am an expert on what's been added and subtracted, eventhough I travel independently (from Ireland). I could easily imagine buying it every few years (although I guess there must be a more regular market than the likes of me!).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy