Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin Tips - 'Normal skiing'???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about what kit to use this coming January when I go to Val Thorens for a week, and toying with the idea of a set of Twin Tips, as I will (most probably) spend a bit of time on the park.

I just wondered how they compare to some near top-end 'normal' skis for general day-to-day skiing on / off piste?

any comments on what to look out for / avoid?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How they compare depends on the model of twin and more importantly the skiier on them, some are super soft, some are rigid, they are all just skis, try some out is the only advice i could ever give someone else about any ski twin or not.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, I am a pretty fast skiier typically, having skiied for about 19 years. However this holiday, I am going away with a couple of friends who are much slower than me, but I would still prefer the ability to have the odd fast run Smile ...... as well as having the flexibility for on/off piste + (perhaps) a bit of park...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I get on well with my Armada ARVs on and off piste though they would not be a lot of cop in the park. The Scott P3s seem well liked for such action.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well dont get too soft & short a pair or you probably wont like them at speed, dont go too stiff & long or the park sessions wont be as much fun especially if your learning, off piste softer & fatter, piste shorter and stiffer and thinner, park thinner softer and shorter Smile Easy
It's tough (impossible) to get a true good 1 ski quiver, probably why most folks on here have 2-3 pairs ...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a pair of Scott Neos at the Tignes Mountainsun trip last December. First time I'd skied twintips, can't have been too different it was 2 days before I realised they were twintips Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're a good skier, you should be able to ski on any skis and still look like a pro (although you might not get the best times on the race course with a pait of twin tips).

It's not all about the equipment... snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Twins are fine and most wider skis these days are at least semi-twin. On thing to watch with 'true' twin tips is that many are park specific with very central mount and different flex so they are more bi-directional which compromises normal forward skiing come amount (eg. Armada JJ).

Take a look at Line if you want more all mountain skis that have a twin tip.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
K2 extremes (the new PE) are a pretty good all round ski in terms of on-piste/off-piste/park action.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a pair of the K2 Extremes, I'm not much of a park skier I dabble a little bit, main reason I bought them is I'd skied the PE a couple of years ago as a little bit of a trail and loved the way they skied on piste, so much so that I prefer them over "piste" ski's. Worth a look at.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't follow someone on twin tips, they're not normal Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yoda, its only not normal when they are going backwards, something i have yet to master without falling on my back bottom... Embarassed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yoda wrote:
Don't follow someone on twin tips, they're not normal Evil or Very Mad

...and you get spray in your face.

You'll probably find Rossi and Salomon rentals in a French resort - Rossi S4s are pretty stiff, as are Salomon Shoguns and Dumonts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
'Twas the snow shower to which I was referring. Sorry didn't make that clear Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yoda, I'll try to avoid spraying you Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy