Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - jan weekend accom near geneva, or alternative airport suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long time no see guys Wink Hoping some of you are more organised than me this year and I can crib from your plans! I usually use the late night ryanair flights into Salzburg to do a couple of long weekends in Ski Amade, but they seem to have been cut (damn you credit crunch!) leaving only mid-morning flights which make it impossible to get 4 skis days in for only 2 days off work. I don't have a lot of holiday to spare so looking for alternatives...

I can get reasonable flights into Geneva (very early am on thur/fri, come back 9/10pm sunday or Monday) but I've never tried a long weekend in France before and I'm struggling with accomodation? So two questions folks

1) Hotel suggestions in Morzine/Les Gets or Flaine? Think cheap & convenient for slopes - £60 a night HB per person or less. Self catering fine too if you have any suggestions. I know it must be out there, pdS is the obvious weekend choice, but my internet sherlock skills seem to be failing me...
2) Alternative airport/airline suggestions for late flights from london thursday night, coming back also late from somewhere snowy?

Either way - going 7th Jan for 4 nights.

Help greatly appreciated, I did do some searching in here, but a lot of it's out of date as looks like a lot of us were using the ryanair flight Wink

Thanks!

aj xx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a.j., I have sent you a P.M.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a.j., What about flying into Munich?
EasyJet fly from Stansted to Munich. The outbound evening flight departs from STN at 1805, arrives in MUN 2055, the return evening flight departs MUN at 2125, arrives in STN at 2215.
Driving from Munich to Zillertal at that time of night takes 1hr 45mins (if you pay attention to the speed limits NehNeh ) Of course, there are ski areas closer to Munich, I've only mentioned Zillertal because I know how long it takes!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
a.j., I have sent you a P.M.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the answers guys, I'll take a look at the links/pms. I should probably add we are likely to be a large group at least 10, probably more like 14, hence trying to sort it now, not wait it out for late deals. Any thoughts on igloo in morzine? It looks cheap and pretty nice with the use of kitchen, what's the catch? aj xx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a.j., will pm Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
a.j., No problems with The Igloo that any clients have said about. Have transported a few to & from there in my time.

Re my PM. We could fit 10/11 of you in 4 rooms from 7th. More would be a squeeze.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a.j.,

You could try somewhere like Sallanches - admittedly not a "ski resort" as such but a decent sized town, about 1 hour from Geneva and 20 minutes drive from Megeve, Les Contamines, St Gervais and half an hour from Chamonix. Accor hotels website is worth a look - on which you can find the Ibis hotel, Sallanches, from about €40 a night room only.

They should be able to fix you up for an odd number of nights.

Alternatively, you can't go wrong with Austria. Zillertal and Mayrhofen would certainly foot the bill.

Even though there are 14 of you I imagine you will have no problem getting fixed up in a small hotel via one of the tourist offices on the net. Most places would (I think) be happy to help you for the cost of 56 nights accommodation!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, I'd agree Sallanches would be a good bet - obviously you'd need to have cars.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a.j., We could provide accommodation for 10 people, we have a 3 bedroom apartment and a studio available. You can also take a half board package at the hotel next door and with accommodation would cost under £50 per person per night half board. We could also rent the studio next door to ours if you want more than 10.
We are quite flexible with dates in January and are a 2 hours drive from Geneva.
Have a look at our website and send me a PM if you are interested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy