Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
It's quite warm this morning, no snow on the lower slopes but still two weeks to go. There was a little bit of rain in resort yesterday afternoon so hopefully a bit of snow higher up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jezzy, The glacier webcams were on today and it looks very good up there. I also looked at Oisans.com and 2,600 looks very white too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, hope you have a good season, but with skiing from 3000m+ down to Cretes it will be great as ever Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, yes - but the warmth has had an effect, no doubt. Not quite as pleased as I was. Should be OK though, even early - always is, as you say lots above the Cretes. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Easiski hope you're well, looking forward to seeing you for a small coffee and galopin 2nd week of Feb.
Wink
Matt
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, nearly time to warm up the camera !! wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowforecast are predicting snow this weekend, 12cm on Sunday night, could do with being a few degrees cooler lower down though. Fingers crossed as I'm not enjoying the Lutins webcam at the moment snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's interesting to look at the webcam archive from last year too and compare conditions with now - it's a pity there are no images from earlier years too. Last year's snow looks like started similarly to this year so far. From what I can see the snow was light with a lot of thawing up until a decent fall around 22nd November, though the last pic with almost none was the 14th. I wonder what the ground temperature is like?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, last year it dumped about a metre on us during Toussaint, and resort was knee deep in it at at this point.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, ah yes, just looked at the webcam for end of Oct 08.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't worry, I'm due to go and collect my car from Albertville tomorrow (if the repairs are finished) if I get it back then it is almost guaranteed that it will dump it down with snow so I can't drive it!
Cretes wasn't looking great from Auris the other day!

Sorry about the photo quality, it is from my phone on maximum zoom!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Butterfly, If you'd care to trawl through snowheads you can see winters reports going back about 4-5 years I think. Shocked

Mezza9Matt, cool - I'll really look forward to seeing you. fragy, No point in posting pix of Bath.

Working here till end Thurs, leaving Fr, Back late Sat, probably working Sunday afternoon. Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Firstly the really good news ......... (trumpets etc) The beast is back! It's been decided to take the gearbox out of the new van and repair the Easimobile. I'm chuffed!

The webcams are not loking great, but the forecast is coming along nicely. Also, it should be dry at the end of the week just in time for me to come home. I really don't fancy having to get into the house then the shed to get my chains out just for the last bit home. I can't wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, you are as mental as jezzy. Laughing

See you at the weekend!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Great news! The snow's clearly waiting for you to be safely installed before it dumps!
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
Firstly the really good news ......... (trumpets etc) The beast is back! It's been decided to take the gearbox out of the new van and repair the Easimobile. I'm chuffed!

I recognize that photograph Very Happy Smile Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
That thing is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!!
ski holidays
swskier, it's got two double beds and a cocktail cabinet.....
snow report
... and leather armchairs... and ATTITUDE!
snow conditions
And one of these upstairs
snow report
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
thanks all, no time to look at the webcam today as too busy - perhaps that's a good thing? I may look in tomorrow evening, but then I'll be out of contact until sometime on Sunday. Ioda is staying close at the moment, hopefully it will last - it would be just like him to do a bunk just as I want to leave. Shocked Shut in my bedroom on Friday morning I think. wink
ski holidays
easiski, looks as if there is no snow in the resort. Yes indeed keep young man prisoner - cats always seem to know more than they ought to! Have a good run back.
snow report
There is no snow in resort at the moment, nothing on the main slopes back down into the resort either. Super D looks ok but hard to tell how much cover it actually has from down here. Snow forecast higher up for Sunday, I'm hoping to go up on Saturday for the first day of the season Very Happy I'll let you know what it is like!
ski holidays
easiski, Have a safe journey back, see you soon.
snow report
I'm heading out to LDA for a couple of days skiing next thursday, I hope the forecast snow arrives Very Happy Is it likely that anything beyond the glacier will be open? From the look of the webcam I've seen it snowier when I was there last August! (but that was after the only decent snow of the summer)
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, It looks from the long distance Oisans.com webcam as though it would be OK at 2,600, but jezzy, will tell us. I'll be up after the weekend myself, so I'll take photos and post then. On road tomorrw morning, arriving Sat evening. Shocked
ps: just come back from collecting van - all OK now. Very Happy Soooooooooooooooo much nicer to drive than that Chevvfy pretender. Laughing Laughing
snow report
easiski, give me a call on Sat of you want to come in for coffee or whatever - will be either at home or in 2Alpes in the afternoon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, glad to hear the "Easiskimobile" is fully functional again - heating too? I hope the journey goes smoothly & I look foward to pics/reports next week. Am off to Chillfactore for a mini-meet with a handful of others on Saturday. B is out all day - what else was I to do? Housework Shocked ? Laughing He finally starts his job next Tuesday - all the various checks will be sorted by then.
latest report
Skiing today! Resort is open from 2600 upwards and the snow is not at all bad considering it's only the first day of the season and we haven't had much so far. A bit wind-scoured although not icy, enough loose snow on the pistes to keep things comfortably skiable, and some very nice bits here and there in sheltered parts or where the wind has dumped the powder. A few stones on the pistes, but not many and by no means everywhere. Spiffing! Cool
snow report
Lizzard, glad to hear it was a good day. There was 2-3" on Woodhead pass today (Sheffield to Manchester) - we were like a car full of excited kids as we drove on our way to Manchester's fridge snowHead snowHead.

Easiski looking forward to hearing you've arrived back ok Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Lizzard, too late on Sat!

I got back about 20.00 last night, took what I needed out of the van and got in, had drink, went to bed (spotted some ski racing on TV though!) Today I've put away stuff and mostly emptied the van. I haven't heard from the clients yet, so I'll have to go up to town to see Jutta, and hopefully meet them.

There's a huge storm and gales today BTW - during the night I thought I was back in Bath. Shocked glad there was no snow though. Laughing
latest report
easiski, how's young sir taken to the return home? Hope he didn't serenade you for too much of the journey. How's your Dad getting on?
snow conditions
easiski, Glad to hear you and the Easiskimobile are back safely...
ski holidays
What a great sight, a nice snowy picture on the webcams this morning, and only 19 days to go!!! snowHead
ski holidays
Mid station on Saturday:

My car this morning:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
nice pic...
snow conditions
easiski, great news about the Easiskimobile!!!! Glad to hear you're home safe and sound and I'm looking forward to this years reports and pics.
ski holidays
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

It seems that it has snowed a bit Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
jezzy, I guess we'll be needing the snow chains on Friday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy