Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
fragy, will do. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
32 days to go, but hey who's counting Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just worked out its 32 days for me too. I hadn't started counting the days yet. But I will be now!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MagSeven, so you'll be here during the second 'learn off piste and moguls' week. do make yourself known!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fragy wrote:
32 days to go, but hey who's counting Very Happy
ME ME ME - I'm counting! Got an iPhone app with a pic of the slopes that counts down the days to 19th March which is when our train leaves here Cool Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski wrote:
MagSeven, so you'll be here during the second 'learn off piste and moguls' week. do make yourself known!

Will do!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MagSeven, will have to do beer snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fragy, Not too much beer or you won't be able to ski the course!

Been a horrid day today. cold and foggy and much worse in the afternoon. It's snowing again now, there was a nice few cms of fresh on the nursery slopes this morning. However the miserableness was thorough. I'm hoping for better tomorrow, but not confident.

took pic during a bit of a break in the fog. Again from Grand Viking tow, but this time looking north across the race stadium. I thought the trees looked pretty, all white from the freezing fog! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pupil on best behaviour at all times miss wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, it was clear and sunny all day above 2600.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, they probably didn't go high enough then - you know how these tourists get confused!

It's been bitterly cold again today. Freezing fog in the village, but the sun came out for a little while in the village at about 12.00. However I think the fog re-appeared about 13.00. Shocked However it was lovely on the Cretes and the snow on the top part of the Thuit (oof piste) was interesting: a deep, slightly soggy layer covered by about 10cms of light fluffy powder. Nice skiing for middling skiers to learn on. Les Posettes was nice but a bit lumpy on the bottom section.

2 hours in the bath to warm up afterwards though. Shock Sad

Pic looking south from the Cretes, and also a particularly beautiful 'angel' in the afternoon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, Any thoughts on conditions for Easter? Was brill last year Very Happy
How is this year comparing to last re snow?
Been offered a late deal
Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
provenjohn, More
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, Thanks snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
provenjohn, sorry, was in a bit of a rush last night!!

Today was glorious, the snow was great, but it's been bitterly cold. It was -22 outside my house this morning, but the sun did warm everything up, and we just had the most fabulous skiing all over the mountain. Very Happy

Pic is a view from 3,200m looking towards Mont Blanc (just visible through the mist), and the hidden valley offering very nice skiing. TBH there's not much powder left, but the rest is fine.
ski holidays
easiski, mmmm, looks lovely. I remember the hidden valley with lovely memories - did you get to fill your water bottle up from the hidden waterfall? That was some of the best water I've ever drunk! Very Happy
ski holidays
I second the snow conditions excellent and some great bumps are forming on the front face!!!!
snow report
RachelQ, It's too frozen to access at the moment. Sad

alexchapman, too many and too big for my old legs! wink
latest report
alexchapman, Mr L told me you had hauled him down a load of bumps with his broken hand. Tsk, you irresponsible woman. Laughing
snow report
easiski, where's the hidden valley? Don't tell me.... hidden rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Butterfly, In between 3,200 (serre palas) and le Gours. You see it (not very hidden and not really what it's called) from both the Jandri Express and also the 8 man.

sunny and nice today but cold again. Didn't go up as spent the whole day rushing around like a loony. R32 beds made up and place made neat and tidy.
Humungeous traffic jams due to an accident somewhere between Grenoble and Freney ... cars everywhere, peeps everywhere - I can't imagine where they're all staying - seemed like more than the 30,000 beds we've got! Shocked Last peeps in at 23.00. (looking for sleepy smilie)
latest report
Lizzard, not guilty I just skiied the bumps..............he followed with his broken hand!!!!
snow conditions
easiski, Thank you so much Little Angel Little Angel Will speak to you during the week. Weather looks good until Wednesday.
snow report
easiski, ah right will look out for it from the Jandri Express.
ski holidays
R32, Too cold for such long hours! Getting warmer either Tues or Weds pm depending on which one you look at. Clear at the moment but only -18 outside - warmer than yesterday. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Hopefully the 30,000+ people found somewhere to sleep last night!! Sounds like you had a very, very long day Sad
snow report
Butterfly, you going by train all the way?
snow conditions
fragy, Yep - Barnetby-Doncaster-KX on Friday 19th. Travelodge overnight then early E* to Paris Gare du Nord & Paris Gare de Lyon to Grenoble & Altibus from there, arriving about 6.30pm, total about £205 door to door return (inc shared room in Travelodge). (No overnight stop on the way home). It was a bit of a pain booking seats for each leg individually as soon as they became available, but it was cheaper that way. I have just looked at the Humberside airport options - Lyon (then train/altibus) or Grenoble via Schiphol is £249 return and it is quick and painless - no parking costs either for me as I'm only 3 miles from the airport. Leaving here 06.30 you can be in Lyon/Grn for lunchtime. However the rub is ski carriage. For some reason they accept a golf bag as a freebie extra on top of normal luggage, but ski kit has to count as part of your 20Kg or you pay a fixed 20 Euros PER FLIGHT, which adds 80Euros onto the overall cost. I have written asking what's so special about golf, but got no response - I imagine it's the MD's passion rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, the first day of the week is over and done with, and went surprisingly well actually. (You may not realise that the first day of busy weeks is usually a disaster). It was cold this morning, but wall to wall sunshine and nice snow made it a very pleasant day.

Actually STOP PRESS! I WAS TOO WARM. Shocked I know - unheard of, but then I did have 2 pairs of ski trousers and 2 jackets on on top of several base layers! Shocked I really was the michelin (wo)man. Laughing Laughing

Anyway nursery slopes good, Cretes good, Postettes (first and third sections) good too. Very Happy

Pic shows happy skiers at the end of the day at the bottom of the Cretes
snow report
Butterfly, you got a link for the Humberside flights please?
snow conditions
fragy, it's the klm.com website. Air France is a KLM partner and they fly Schiphol to Lyon St Expury. (Getting to Grenoble airport is harder & it's only 40Km closer to L2A). Lyon airport railway station is adjacent to the terminal and trains go direct to the Grenoble Gare Routier - the Altibus goes from right outside there.

Eg 06:20 Humberside arrives 08:35 Amsterdam. Dept 09:40 arrives 11:20 Lyon (LYS). Train 12.47 arrives Grn 14.35. (There is an earlier faster train at 11.46). Transisere bus 3030 3pm arrives L2A about 4.40. Alternatively of course a hire car from Lyon would have you in resort by 2-ish!
latest report
Wel.... it's been another nice day again today, although there was light cloud inthe afternoon and it felt quite chilly from about 15.00 or so. With the huge passage of skiers some of the more used areas are getting quite hard as they're constantly sideslipped. However the main pistes and off piste are all still in really nice condition.

today I was on Vikings, Coolidge, Cretes, Thuit top part, Thuit bottom part off to the side of the piste in the little gully and then L'Y. Y was really nice although there are a few bumps, but the snow is just fab. Very Happy

Piox showing frantic Viking nursery slopes and view of the Pied Moutet from the Cretes.
latest report
Viking.........thats where i've spent most of my day!!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
... the snow is just fab.
Good, good - just tell the punters to look after it and leave some for us Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Butterfly, I'm afraid to say I don't think you'll be skiing l'Y, even with all your fantastic progress!
snow report
today has been much warmer than of late, but dull and grey all day with very flat light. Bumps were totally invisible for the most part, and there's no doubt that some of the worn spots are getting very hard indeed - just pasage of skiers, but we now need a top-up, and it was trying to start snowing at the end of the day. There was some seriously heavy looking weather out behind the Ecrins. Very Happy

I was on Vikings, Gentiannes, all the way over to the other end of the village (including the petite Aiguille chair), Cretes, demoiselles, bottom of Valentin and all the off piste steep bits down int he village. We found some interesting snow, and for the most part it was very good.

Pic of Cretes & European Ski School meeting at 11.00.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
Butterfly, I'm afraid to say I don't think you'll be skiing l'Y, even with all your fantastic progress!
I was rather assuming you meant the snow in general was fab Cool. I definitely have no ambitions in the black department - well not yet anyway, I suppose one should never say never! wink
latest report
Butterfly, definitely not. David and Andrea have been skiing on the red run at the Fee, which used to be a black run! All on their own. They're also considering trying the Diable. therefore all is possible. Very Happy

Looks miserable, hasn't really snowed overnight, but is only -5 so positively balmy!
latest report
It snowed quite hard all morning and the viz was obviously not very good. However it did clear up a fair bit in the afternoon and became quite bright for a bit. Very Happy The fresh amounted to about 5cms at the Cretes, and the forecast says more is to come. Everywhere has lovely snow now, although the Valentin at 17.00 was a nightmare. rolling eyes

I took pix looking North (sunny) and South(stormy) from the same point on the Cretes - I thought the difference was amazing!
ski holidays
today was a bonus. Although it started fairly dull and had snowed a nice bit overnight, the sun came out, a little bit at first late morning, and then wall to wall all afternoon. Very Happy The new snow was a bit heavy lower down, and it was really warm in the village when I got there at 17.45. Shocked I suppose that's relative, but there had been a fair bit of melt going on.

We watch some people ski Rachas which was about knee deep and clearly lovely. Very Happy Anyway I took a pic of late moring with the sun beginning to burst through, and then a shocking one of the road home at about 17.00
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy