Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops, marvellous. Though I feel obliged to point out that the plural of cannon is ....... cannon. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
truffaut, There are 7 free lifts in resort. None of them are long, but you could certainly get a feel for the skis. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, how is the weather in Deux Alpes??? It seems this week will be snowy Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
metalhead132, It's raining today and can't see the top of the Diable at the moment due to low cloud. It was really warm last night, I was walking back through resort at 10pm and it was 10°c!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
rayscoops, marvellous. Though I feel obliged to point out that the plural of cannon is ....... cannon. Laughing

not according to the L2A websites wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jezzy,
Ok, the snow level is lowering now,...in Tignes and other resorts it's snowing above 1800-1900m at this moment
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
metalhead132, Well here 1600m in resort it is rain but the cloud has cleared a bit and there is now a nice covering over the Super D and dusting down to approx 2000m. Lifts aren't open until the 28th now so time to get working and not panic about the snow. It will be there and it will be good. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Good news
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
metalhead132, I am sure I will be stupidly over excited when it is snowing in resort. I'm back to reality after a week off at the moment though!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I feel the same in every early season, first snow always keeps something special!!
Specially this season I need some early snow, because my son is going to be born in January....so if I want to ski I have to do it early Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1300 - Its snowing quite heavily down to the resort now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I went home for lunch and it started snowing in resort. My car had at least an inch of snow on it in about an hour!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pics please!!! Got to keep the excitement fueled here!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, Sorry!! I've sorted out my picture account thing etc but haven't got them uploaded yet! There are some pictures on our facebook group page:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144402303642&v=photos

I'll get them on here asap!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What I am lookng at now.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/france/FR5586.htm

latest report
jezzy, David Ash, thank you snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
David Ash, looking at that photo reminds me of a chat last season I had with Swirly whilst sitting on the off piste (bit more to the left in the photo as you look at it) - it went something like this ..... me to Swirly 'why isn't this bit a piste, it would be much better than the black pistes with all and sundry falling down them' ...... Swirly to me 'because it is too steep for a piste basher to get up it' Shocked not the exact bit in the photo but it does look a bit daunting from that angle Very Happy

Hope I can make it out to L2A again this season Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, It's interesting to look at pics like this with just light snowcover and try to work out where the pistes are as the scene is so different summer/winter.
snow report
easiski, thanks for tip re. free ski lifts. Counting down the sleeps...
snow conditions
metalhead132, Ooh, congratulations - I didn't know you were expecting! If you are as lucky as last year you'll have some good skiing early, and then maybe a day or two later as well. I'm sure AlTom will ski enough for both of you though!

jezzy, David Ash, is on his way home now, so it's up to you and Lizzard, until I come back. It's looking good today, and the webcam mid-afternoon showed really horrid weather - good stuff! Very Happy
snow conditions
No I am still here! Going back Wednesday morning when I think I will be ready to confront the imbeciles who monitor British citizens and tax payers when they cross their countries borders.

Hope all is well your end C.

http://www.day-tripper.net/access-ukborder-agency.html
latest report
easiski, sure, AlTom will ski for both xDDD, .....
latest report
metalhead132, congratulations - in advance. snowHead
snow report
I'd say the plural of cannon can be cannon or cannons. Rather like lion, giraffe and cheetah. wink I think they are "canons" in French (as in "Les Canons de Navarone")
snow conditions
pam w, thanks Laughing Laughing
snow report
Butterfly, yes indeed and I needed to take a second look
pam w, i had typed canons in the first place and changed it to cannons tease Lizzard (after she picked me up on the spelling) because she had not actually quoted me it made her post look slightly out of context - bit of a private joke I suppose Blush

Seems i might have been correct all along though Very Happy
snow conditions
Just been looking at the 2alpesnet webcams - the one from the bottom of the pistes shows light snow cover on Pied Moutet & up towards Cretes, but the Vallee Blanche one shows no snow at all! Wish they'd put the date/time on them!
latest report
Butterfly, Normally they do, but at the moment the only ones working are the two at the bottom. Most of the snow from yesterday had melted back (as it should), but it still looked thoroughly miserable there. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a tad nippy this morning. There was a light covering on the car this morning and some slippy patches on the road (car didn't skid just me walking round clearing the snow off it!)
It was beautiful this morning, the sun just coming over the top and the moon still visible...

I'll get some photos up!!!
snow conditions

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 6-11-09 14:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
latest report

The view from our office today Cool
snow conditions
jezzy, Cool Very Happy
snow report
Shocked Laughing
snow report
Thanks jezzy Very Happy
latest report
jezzy, Great stuff. I saw some tracks on the Lutins yesterday morning. They seem to have gone up the lift, so it must have been an 'official'. Someone had to be first. This is building up nicely, melting down just enough and coming back - let's hope it continues, but not at the beginning of December just when I'm returning. I don't want to have to lug everything down the hill! snowHead
snow report
Any more snow chaps?
snow conditions
Butterfly, Today's webcam showed a bit more melting down, but still snow onthe ground in resort. This is all good as we really do need the cold snow to melt into the ground and freeze to help have a lasting base. I bet there's a fair bit higher up though, thinking of Lizzard's pic of the top of the Cretes during the 'Mondial'. Very Happy I'll be back on 28th Nov - can't wait.
ski holidays
Seems all the lower slope snow's gone again rolling eyes
snow report
Butterfly, That's how it should be. It needs several falls of snow to melt into the ground to really freeze it well. Then, when the serious snow falls it gives a good base layer and stays. One winter it didn't freeze, and everytiime it snowed all winter we lost most of the face again before the next big dump. Sad The snow melts from underneath with the warm earth and on top from the sun/warmer temps. Happens a lot in Scotland too. Last winter was good because the ground really froze hard quite a long way down before the big dumps. I am very encouraged. Very Happy (Anyway, with so much skiing from the Cretes up and with everyone complaining about the face anyway .....)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy