Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
ChickenDhansak, i'll be out there from boxing day for a week (the missus is having some lessons with easiski) , although about a dozen of us , most will be in ski school school so will be up for a morning ski, especially if you know the terrain Smile and most def for an apres beer or two
we're staying at Chalet Chantal, as you're local, i'll leave it in your capable for venue etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me and Mrs Bartezki are in resort from 19th-26th and always up for a bit of apres snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, They are almost in Calais now.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChickenDhansak, We may be there from the 18th until New Year....but knee op is on the 5th of January so may be staying at home instead Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife and I will be there from 19th to 26th Dec. Will be checking this thread frequently for the next 10 days!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
R32, they did really well then. I thought Xmas was deffo off?

LIAMJ, & ChickenDhansak you will be here at the same time, but not at the same time as
Bartezki, & MagSeven, You should all organise to meet - I'll be happy to join in and you might even get lucky and have David Ash and a couple of Lizzards as well. Very Happy

Nice all day, pleasant but grey in Grenoble, cooler up here.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That would be great to put some faces to some names, any suggestions as to venue would be welcome, the lutins hotel or smokie joes are near the jandri lift i seem to remember
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bartezki, Lutins is always good for meetings as it's a 'local' bar and therefore about half the price of the rip-off 'brit' bars!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi - sorry an inconvenient thing called work stopped me responding sooner... Thinking maybe Monday would be good ? Sunday morning is usually a pain 'cos you have to sort out hire, etc etc. I just thought of something - I have to drop the lad off at ski school and I won't know the times until I get there - depending on what group ESS put him in. So maybe a Sunday evening beer and a Monday ski? I'm surprised there isn't standard snow head practice for this - would seem to make sense every week - Sunday meet up at a known place in a resort? Lutins is cool - maybe 4-5pm ish on 27th? We can sort out the following morning then?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My family (parents, wife, son) will be in Alpe d'Huez 19 Dec - 2 Jan. We want to ski in LDA for a day or two, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if we can join in.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if link to La Grave opens on 19/12 or later (conditions permitting as ever)?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ChickenDhansak, sounds good to me, might need to confirm nearer the time, but a beer sunday followed by a nice ski monday morn would suit, especially if we can stop off at a bar showing west ham v spurs game for lunch after Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
XPeak, it won't open until around the end of January.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ChickenDhansak, I used to make the effort to meet with any snowheads coming to LDA, but as snowheads got bigger and less of a club, most of them didn't bother so I just gave up. Sad

XPeak, Unless we get loads and loads of snow for the next 10 days, LG wouldn't be properly skiable. Trust me - I've been down when there's been little snow and it's not fun. The rocks and boulders are huge, so they need a lot of snow to cover them up or just to be able to find a way through them.

I was up the mountain with Mr Lizzard who has decided to learn to ski! He did really well. Lizzard herself joined us after coffee, and was suitably impressed with hubby. Very Happy The snow conditions above 2,600 were really good, although it was windy in the morning. The snow between 2,600 and the Cretes (2,200) was quite OK but not special, and I made the mistake of skiing down the Demoiselles Shocked Shocked Too thin to piste, frozen icy tracks and sheet ice (water ice that is) in places, interspersed near the bottom with nice bits of tarmac! rolling eyes

the camera (which I remembered) wouldn't work, so I had to use the phone again, so colours are off even after giving the pic a good photoshopping. Anyway picture from the Toura restaurant terrace of the Toura itself. Very nice snow and the whole place is full of ESF instructors having their revalidation - so lots of good skiers. Hardly any women though. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have the odd picture:

A very empty Cretes, mainly because nothing much was running and it was rock hard and blowing a gale. Looks nice though.

And Mr L embarks on skiing! Descent from 3200, not quite parallel but definitely getting there. On day 1. Shocked
latest report
Lizzard, superb pics snowHead. Where's the first one?
ski holidays
Butterfly, top of the Lac Noir chair, facing south.
ski holidays
Lizzard, Lovely pix - JC can clearly see the hip issue in this photo! Laughing
latest report
Just found this

Miracle of Spanish snowboarder in Les 2 Alpes

by Caroline Face | Ski News Reporter | published 9-Dec-2009

Lost for over 44 hours in an isolated part of Les 2 Alpes
but the young Spanish snowboarder managed to survive

A young Spanish snowboarder spent 44 hours out in the cold of the Les 2 Alpes mountains before being found and rescued late Tuesday morning, according to French media reports.

The 18 year old had gone out snowboarding in Les 2 Alpes on Sunday afternoon and quite simply got lost. It seems the bad weather and poor visibility meant he lost his way. His friends gave the alert to the emergency services when he failed to return at the end of the day.

The young snowboarder from Barcelona was finally found late on Tuesday morning when a break in the clouds meant the rescue helicopter could be scrambled to do a surveillance flight over the peaks. After spending 44 hours in the snow, finding the boarder alive has been described as nothing short of a miracle.

Conscious but suffering from severe hypothermia, it seems the un-named snowboarder had indeed got disorientated in the bad weather and, whether he meant to or not, had gone completely off piste at 3200m altitude. He then managed to find his own way over rock bands and avalanches to descend down to 1275m, where he was picked up by the helicopter and taken to Grenoble hospital.

Very lucky amigo
snow conditions
Thanks guys for LG link opening info. They are apparently opening téléphérique on 19/12 but not intention to go myself until much later.
snow report
Hey Guys Iv just registered!

My fiancee and I are booked to come to LDA 2nd Jan! First real ski hol.. had lessons in UK and 3 days in Austria last Feb at some local resorts... seem to have the bug!

Got a family group ski hol booked in Val Thoren end of March... LDA is practice week!!

There seems to be plenty of snow at the moment, reading reports on web, lets hope lots more appears!

Any tips / advice is welcomed

Very Happy
latest report
PaulW, welcome to snowheads snowHead

I only have two tips:-

Dont eat yellow snow and
drink plenty of jagermeister !
snow report
PaulW, welcome to SnowHead land! If you want local knowledge & excellent tuition in LDA, discuss it with Easiski who posts regular resort updates on here. She's a superb instructor who has lived in LDA for nearly 20 years.
ski holidays
Bartezki, That's very good news - I heard he was lost but not that he'd been found. Very Happy
I didn't go up today, but I think David Ash did - he may post later. I wont be up tomorrow either, but will be active on the nursery slopes at the weekend. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, wtf did he go? Down Mines or under the Jandri West Face towards St Christophe? They're the only two places I can imagine that fit the terrain description and I don't know if the later is even skiable. Very glad they were found though.
ski holidays
A bit windy, but snow conditions very good. the best thing its very quiet. Finding pisted snow in the afternoon is great.
snow conditions
Swirly, No idea! Iheard that the last time he used his liftpass was on the Toura lift, so if that's true how did he get to the glacier??
snow report
Going to l2a on 2nd jan for 2 weeks and was thinking about getting some snowboard freestyle lessons while we are there, can anyone recommend best schools for this?
Cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey, im there on monday, any snow???
ski holidays
There is loads of snow above 2600 and below that level there is loads of ice. On the plus side, there are very few people about and more snow is forecast.
snow report
easiski,

Can you recommend a ski school Easiski.... Im gonna need it!!
ski holidays
PaulW, Easiski is a ski instructor.
ski holidays
PaulW, follow the link in Easiski's sig line - www.easiski.com.
snow report
easiski, good question! Probably mixed reports again.
latest report
ady944, Snowhead Lungostyle is pretty good - look on www.les2alpes.com under either ski schools or private instructors (I forget which) for his contact details.

PaulW, Shocked

callsop743, There are pix in this page!
snow report
easiski, How's Betty?
ski holidays
R32, Betty is fine but rather dirty I'm afraid. Sad She may get properly tested trying to get out of here tomorrow morning. I deliberately brought her back here this afternoon. snowHead How did the new Beamer go on the way home? I assume you both arrived OK?

Today started beautifully with sunshine and blue skies. We got the first clouds around midday and by mid afternoon it was snowing. I think it's still snowing, but I'm not going out to see! Shocked Ioda is in so it must be. Laughing Laughing

Photo taken out of the white eggs on the way back down just after midday today. sorry to use the phone again, but I've now bought rechargeable batteries and a charger for the camera, so it might work better this winter. Very Happy
snow conditions
NiMH rechargeable batteries are far better than ordinary ones.
snow report
Today was very cold: -15degs at 08.00 chez moi. Shocked It was clear but turned cloudy and the Venosc mist rose up aroung lunchtime or early afternoon. The cannons have finally been working today so that's good, pic looking up the mountain
snow report
Just wondering whether Le Cretes is in better condition with the new snow fall< thinking about those first few runs to find the old ski legs, and should be in resort 4ish on Saturday so will be calling for a cold large one in Lutins hotel about 5ish, last year we were able to pick skis up the night of arival, and assuming the same this year should be in the area. Staying in the Aalborg, the TO says it's had a refurb this year, so will be intresting to see if it's finished
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy