Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
R32, snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
R32, I haven't seen a car with chains on today, must all have winter tyres on. They are doing a good job of clearing the roads but the snow is still coming down!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good to see it's arrived - it must have been hanging on for Easiski to get home first!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, it was a big dump and was snowing off and on all day and is still continuing. I didn't even try to move my car this morning, but that did mean that I had to walk up the hill in ski boots carrying skis, just after putting my back out doing nothing. Sad Of course it turns out that Gian-Luca is now away for a week Crying or Very sad so if it's not better tomorrow I'll have to go and see Thiery Dentent. He's OK but it's not the same.

We were skiing on the Coolidge in town today, which was deffo a bonus and the pic is from the top of that, with one of my students floundering in the deep snow!

More tomorrow. Oh - and it may be nice on Weds but snowing again after that - R32 & Paul McK will have lots of deep to play in. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
R32, dont forget to pick me up on the way past !! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, me too, me too NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I come and flounder in it too?? Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, good to see it turned up eventually, I saw some of a mates photos on facebook from the end of last week: couldn't have been much different from that time last year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jezzy, New snow tyres have finally arrived, just need to find time to get them fitted!

easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Tried to ring you earlier - Guy is still having trouble opening your file....working on it though rolling eyes

Smokin Joe, lampbus, Can probably manage to squeeze you both in the roof box!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking good! R32, you have dropped lucky going out on the 5th. Sorry to miss you this time but the 10th isn't all that far away now. I'm so excited a bit of wee could come out at any moment. Smokin Joe, lampbus, plenty of empty apartments in town next week. Get your sorry backsides on the Easyjet. Your friends will be waiting for you at the top of the Jandri. 11th Dec, 9.01am - be there, not square. I have some new jokes, by the way. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was getting a little worried by the slight lack of snow that seems to be reported in some places - those pics make me feel better tho. Will be checking this on a daily basis me thinks!

Roll on the 17th!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I took this yesterday fromhalf way up the Lutins where I was working all morning. Very Happy Obviously some wear and tear going on, but still the snow was nice and skiing in the town was possible.

I've just seen Lizzard & Mr Lizzard who are well, and have been up, saying that the conditions were good but the light was flat today. With my back being bad at the moment, and the miracle worker away until Monday I doubt if I'll be going anywhere I don't have to until after that. Sad Been to see another guy and it's better, but he's not so good. Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, I do hope your back's better soon - it is so miserable trying to function when it's bad. Great pic!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had a great day skiing up top today!!!!.....looking forward to the new snow thats forecast for tomorrow!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, thanks, but I think I'll have to wait until Monday to see Gian-Luca. Sad I do half an hour work and then have to lie down for 1.5 hours to recover. Twisted Evil

alexchapman, Not before I've collected someone from the bus stop at 17.30 pls! Shocked

I should tell everyone that alexchapman, have just started a nanny business here in LDA and also going to ADH and Serre Che etc. I'm well chuffed because we've been needing a service like this for years. (No, she didn't pay me!) wink wink
snow report
I wish I'd known that before I'd asked my mother in law to come along with us Shocked
latest report
alexchapman, a belated welcome to SnowHeads
snow report
easiski, did you see the back thread on here, it pointed to a well recommended book on amazon for some self help...

Treat Your Own Back"
Robin A. McKenzie; Paperback; £9.86
snow conditions
On the tunnel now, waiting for the train to leave, should be in resort early tommorrow morning! Is there likely to be much open tommorrow?
snow conditions
ArseCaptain, Pre-Christmas, the DAL run a few "core" lifts which access most of the terrain, but some areas remain closed, viz: the area known as La Fee, the whole Pied Moutet side of the village, and down into the Voute. Unsure whether Mont de Lans chairlift runs pre-Christmas - it may do for the benefit of locals at certain times (wouldn't bet on it though). that said, though, there's a lot available between 1650m and 3600m, and with fresh snow to roll around in, you probably won't get bored in a hurry.
I'm hoping for a bit of freeze-thaw over the next few days to consolidate a base between 1650 and 2100, followed by a big heap of fresh next Thursday night. Good conditions on the face equals no need to go anywhere else until you have pisted it out all by yourself...

easiski, hope your back improves - bad luck
Sad

L2A webcam showing nice wet snow falling in the village - just what we need. Forecast to carry on into tomorrow before drying up for a bit.
ski holidays
I've just noticed: ArseCaptain, what an appalling image your username conjures up in my mind. Or are you a petomane? And if so, is this the smiley equivalent of a straining expression?: Mad
Nonetheless, a cordial and polite welcome to Snowheads.
snow conditions
Currently running:

Venosc telecabine (limited hours only)
Coolidge I and II
Village
Jandri Express
Jandri II
Telecorde
Lac Noir
Signal
Puy Salie I

Skiable back to resort via the Valentin, and possibly off-piste depending on how much more snowfall we've had, but I wouldn't risk my skis on it judging by what I saw yesterday.
snow report
R32, waited in all day and he must have drove passed Laughing
latest report
Smokin Joe, He must have forgotten about me too, they (him and expat) are currently in Reims and about to go out for a steak Crying or Very sad
latest report
R32, Laughing
snow report
Mm mm. And what a lovely steak it was. Or was that the couple of pints of amstel?

Looking ahead to both of our powder carving abilities (not) being tested to the limits. Might need to top the hip flask up.
snow conditions
ex.pat, Razz Razz
snow conditions
Going up to work now - will report later, snowing hard again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
<-- Currently dancing around at work with the news of more snow
snow conditions
The snow was lovely. The visibility was rubbish. It was snowing! It's snowed more since! Laughing Laughing Laughing No photo though 'cos you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Mad
latest report
Had a very good day today! As easiski said, snow was great, and visibility generally quite bad. But it did clear a bit towards the end of the day
http://i48.tinypic.com/15ewhol.jpg
Staying in Grenoble tonight, will probaby head back to 2 Alpes tomorrow unless one of the more local resorts is looking good!
snow report
At the moment the sky is clear, it's sodding freezing and we see the full range of stars. Parents have requested that I hit the market tomorrow morning for saucisses with âne in order to ingratiate themselves with their French teacher ...... I fear this may have to wait until next week.
snow report
It's a lovely day today. I'm not going up but others are, and hopefully they'll bring news and photos later. Working again tomorrow though, so I'll try to remember the camera (the phone makes everything so blue and pink!
ski holidays
Helen, thank you for the welcome to Snowheads...I'm just finding my way round here!!! Little Angel [quote]
snow report
Quote:

I'm just finding my way round here!!!

Snowheads that is not Les Deux Alpes!!! Smile
snow conditions
I was up around midday on the Cretes. Some parts were getting a bit thin (only grass underneath though), but the snow was really nice. The light was fairly flat and it was dull, but still really pleasant. This afternoon it's been raining, and the 0degs isotherm is quite high for the next day or two. Sad Should be snowing higher up though, and if it doesn't last too long it may help to compact the base layer that we now have.
latest report
I'm afraid to say it rained all last night and all day today in the village. I'm sure it was snowing higher up, and the runs into resort are showing some brown bits, hopefully it won't last long though and will turn to snow again. No pix for obvious reasons. Sad
ski holidays
Rain turning to snow now Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Looking much better today, although I heard it isn't all that good up top, it's clear that lots of snow fell at altitude. Very Happy Sadly R32 and Ex Pat have just left. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Safe journey home guys.
snow conditions
Hi - I finally have got my act together and am doing what I'd said I do for years - find out which snowheads will be around in the week I'm going! Me, Mrs Dhansak and the 2 bhajis will be out between Christmas and the new year and we've had a flat here for 7 years and really should mingle more with other regulars ( I don't usually play well with others, ask easiski ). So if anyone fancies a morning ski (the little ones will be in ski school) or a apres beer at some point. Let me know - maybe we can nominate a time/place?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy