Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This year's World Cup on UK TV?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if there's to be any WC coverage (or indeed skiing in general) on UK TV this year?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was only Ski Sunday on BBC2 last season since they did away with the C4 Sunday morning show. It would be very nice if there was going to be any more coverage, especially with the Winter Olympics.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
awf - definitely worth considering freeview or freesat if you are a wintersports fan. There's a veritable feast of it on Eurosport.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Eurosport are showing the season's opener from Solden next Sunday ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ArseneWengen, it's in the programme guide for Eurosport UK.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ArseneWengen, I have Freeview, it doesn't include Eurosport sadly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick Fellows & Hothouse production who did CH4 skiing in 2007/8 did the British Champs on ITV4 last season to try to get them to do the World Cup racing this season but it didn't come off.
Ski Sunday is a bit of a waste of time for racing as it doesn't start coverage until late January which is 1/2 way through the season and they didn't do the world cup finals either. They are a bit better since they adopted the red button though.
BBC will cover the Winter Olympics with all sports shown.
If you want to watch the WC races then there is only Eurosport who cover most races.
Roll on next week. Lets hope Chemmy can do even better at Solden this year than last year. Quickest on 2nd run of GS 10th overall.
Don't know if any of the Guys are doing it? Probably not.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't understand the beeb. I know it's not as popular, but how many other sports have a tv coverage starting half way through a season and sometimes ending before it finishes ? I remember the good old days when they were there at the start of December for Val d'Isere and even through in the 4 Hills Ski Jumping over new year. Great days.

awf - sorry, I assumed freeview and freesat included Eurosport. I always thought it was one of the 'free' channels.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eurosports HD coverage of the FIS was awsome last year.

Cant wait for it to start. Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ArseneWengen wrote:
how many other sports have a tv coverage starting half way through a season and sometimes ending before it finishes ?
Rugby - if we're talking solely of the coverage on BBC...

PS. Salivating already about the start of the WC season. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eurosport this Sat. Yes Sat 24th Oct LIVE meeting one from the FIS World Cup.
Womens GS 11.45am GMT

&

8.35am GMT on the Sunday Mens GS.

11.30am GMT 2nd leg on Mens GS.

BRING IT ON. Little Angel

All on British Eurosport in glorious high definition.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't wait. Start of the World Cup and the ski show on the same day. Definitely the start of winter snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Sky Plus is set. Wonder if the series link option will record every ski race from now until March ?! Or is that getting a bit sad !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ArseneWengen, Hasn't worked for me before but worth a try? Would also advise you to record the programmes after on every occasion. If you dont you will, more often than not, miss the last few runners Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It wont series link, and ArseneWengen, I recorded all eurosports coverage last winter, including all of the
world champs from VD. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I often find that what Eurosport is actually showing bears no resemblance to what the tv guide says should be showing !
snow report
ArseneWengen wrote:
I often find that what Eurosport is actually showing bears no resemblance to what the tv guide says should be showing !

Ditto, they're a bunch of halfwits. The number of times that live coverage of a sport featuring a British player or team has been replaced by (for example) recorded beach football featuring Russia and Uruguay defies comprehension. Mad
snow conditions
Quick update regarding the Sky Plus series link for world cup skiing on Eurosport...

I did it just before last month's Solden opener and this morning I noticed that it had automatically picked up this weekends Indoor race from the SnowHall at Amneville, in France.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy