Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens New Chariande Express

Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone - anyone got more details on this new lift? I can see that Chariande I has been dismantled (the old 3 man wooden one) - does anyone know if you get on the new lift at Plateaux de Saix or do you still have to do the blue run down to where the old lift was to get on? I think that 9 mins is still quite a long time to get to T de Saix.

Also if it's in the same place as the old lift, won't it close easily due to high winds like the old one did?

Also good news about the Molliets lift upgrade in Les carroz.

FS Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Freestyle,

Does this help?

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?s=83b902a43a1c8aa81a6aa07d6dea49fa&showtopic=5833&st=40
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skimummy,

Thanks! These photos are great! Well found! The forum you have found answers all my questions and looks like a great improvement for Samoens - bet we can get to Flaine in 30 mins now! Awesome!

Do you have any interest in Samoens or are you just really good at internet searching?

Thanks again!

FS

Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That Seb guy loves his job!!

Looking good though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Freestyle,

Glad to be of help snowHead I googled chariande express a while ago when I discovered the new lift was being built and it came up with that. GCSE french sort of gave me a clue what was going on Puzzled

I've been skiing in Samoens since 2003 (with a minimal kid break) and keep being drawn back. The kids think we own the chalet we stay in each year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went up to Samoens 1600 at the weekend and confirm it's all like it is in the photos..

One thing that I was surprised at though was that either Chariande I or Chariande II remains (the left hand one) ... so there will be a half way stop too...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marcellus,

Is that the really evil one that bashed me in the back of the legs everytime, or the slightly evil one that bashed me in the back of the legs every other time? Twisted Evil I haven't a clue which was I or II
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chariande Express II will bring quite a radical change to skiing from Samoens. It will give a gain of 16 minutes (45 mins at busy period when there was queuing on the existing connecting lifts) against the previous lifts it will be replacing. It will cut transfer time from bottom to top of Samoens ski area by 3 and increase capacity by 2.5. Skiers will be able to get from village level at 700m to 2200m in less than 20mins. An average skier should be able to get to the bottom of the DMC in Flaine in about 1/2 hour from Samoens village. Important slope work will be finalised as well to offer a great playground on this part of the ski area making it vary attractive for all Grand Massif skiers (from Flaine, Morillon, Samoens and Sixt). It will replace 2 old chairlifts and 1 old skilift. More on Samoens on http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/samoens.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marcellus, Not sure what you mean by halfway stop?

Skimummy, Chariande I is the everytime bash on the legs (3man) and the II is the every other time (4man)

XPeak, Can you tell me more about the slope worK?

It's snowing! Yey!

FS Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Freestyle, top of Chariande I is now a sort of half way stop......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Freestyle,
Quote:

XPeak, Can you tell me more about the slope worK?

If it's anything like the re-profiling at the top of Marmotte last year I wouldn't hold your breath!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
steve, god knows what they've been doing all over but this summer it's been quite a pain when out on the bikes as the whole area seems to be full of massive earth movers!!

Samoens, Carroz and Flaine!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Freestyle, There's more info on the earthworks on the forum du grand massif if this helps:-
http://forum.grand-massif.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=596&sid=cfa25922aa60627846f580ecbcbe1472&start=400

It would appear from some of the discussions that un point noir has been replaced with another where the old croix lift was! There certainly seems to have been a fair bit going on.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.esfsamoens.com/doc/new_chairlifts_2010.jpg

Just found this shiny new ad - thinking of skiing instead of working again snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skimummy, thanks for that link, I'm very pleased to read that Perce Neige has been remodelled - at peak times it could be a complete nightmare for even a reasonable skier, both those lifts are going to make such a huge difference to the area. I was hoping that the new chair to the Aujon sector in Flaine would be done but I can't find any info on it so it must still be in the 'to do' list. I can't wait to try out these improvements, roll on christmas Very Happy
snow report
you do have to wonder why Carroz and Samoens bought lifts from different manufacturers which to you or I look pretty much identical at the same time... surely discounts ot be had by buying two from teh same manufacturer!!
ski holidays
This is what has been done/is being done:

- Enlargement of the Silice slope
- Enlargement of the Tourmaline & Baudroie slopes (2010 for latter)
> As a result all the slopes between Samoens, Morillon and Flaine are now wide Blues. This will guarantee fast and accessible to all journeys between the different resorts. The Perce Neige slope will also be modified to allow a more fluid return towards Morillon.
- The TSD6 Vernant will gain a moving carpet start (not sure the technical term for this) which will allow a higher flow of skiers

Also arriving onto Flaine a number of slopes are being improved: Jade, Faust, Turquoise, Bissac and Azurite in order to facilitate the flows around the resort centre.

The 14km long Cascade slope has been cleaned-up so has the Gers area. This should allow to open these areas earlier in the season with less snow required.
ski holidays
To clarify obviously this is not just around Chariande Express but also on the wider Grand Massif but skiers from Samoens should certainly notice the improvements.
snow report
XPeak, Thanks for the information.
It should make adventuring further with the kids much easier - last year we drove to Morillon to sample the delights of Marvel and whatever the blue is over there.
latest report
XPeak, thanks for that, you seem to be 'in the know', any idea what has happened to the proposed 4 man chair to the Aujon sector currently only served by a drag reached by hanging left halfway down mephisto? It was supposed to be done for this season but as I said I can't find any info on it.
Really looking forward to getting out there and seeing all these improvements Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy