Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Reports for Whistler Blackcomb

Poster: A snowHead
Hey All, I just want to do a small self-plug Smile

I write a blog about the snow conditions for Whistler Blackcomb. This will be my 3rd season and I try to update it often, including photos / videos. So if you are interested in reading about my opinion of the 'real' snow conditions for Whistler - Check it out!

Cheers

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome back, Greg!

I'll be keeping a close eye on your blog to get my vicarious kicks until I come over in March!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just spotted your thread and will be keeping an eye on the blog as we're coming back to Whistler in April snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Opening Day at Whistler was awesome - lots of great snow and the coverage was better than expected.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Over 500cm of snow in November (new record) and it's still falling Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nice blog - it looks quite amazing up there. Will be there Thursday for 4 days, so crossing my fingers the conditions/weather hold
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm getting really excited now, but it's ages before we come to Whistler Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gortonator wrote:
nice blog - it looks quite amazing up there. Will be there Thursday for 4 days, so crossing my fingers the conditions/weather hold

I wouldn't worry about it all melting by then! Forecast is for it to calm down a bit before the next fron arrives ... on Thursday. If you get new snow, you won't even have to worry about looking at all those nasty tracked out snowfields!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great! Will be there Feb/March so will bookmark this page
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
greg66, really could do with it getting colder and snowing a bit less so the snowpack settles and they can open stuff up. Looks crazy deep and unstable up there. Forecast looks encouraging for next week Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wbsr, what are the lift queues like up there on the weekend? Thinking about coming up on sat but given there isn't a huge amount open yet i was wondering if there were high numbers making the lift queues for the few lifts that are open really long? and the few runs that are open really congested?

really want to get up there but at the same time i'm happy to blow the cobwebs off at the north shore resorts and wait for an epic first day at whistler where i don't need to wait in a massive queue for the lift! or i could keep working on the missus and get her to phone in sick on friday Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DrE, the lines this weekend were pretty big - 10 min wait time, rarely longer. The runs themselves were also quite congested. If you spend more time off-piste though, you could find plenty of space to shred how you like.

Next weekend is the official opening weekend, so Blackcomb will open - which will relieve some of the pressure - however, I also a higher total number of people (those who booked a while ago to be here for the opening). The opening of Blackcomb will introduce a lot more terrain as I expected the Gondola, Excelerator, Wizard, Solar, Jersey and Catskinner chairs to open as a minimum. Hopefully Crystal will open too.
As for the 'alpine' - hopefully they will manage to open at least one of them.

Weekdays the mountain is like a ghost town.

Also, we expect some rain on Wednesday, so if that happens, the epic conditions we have right now will change. So if I were you, I would watch for that system, and how it effects us - then decide.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wbsr, we're skiing thursday-sunday, so fingers crossed. here's latest forecast:

Extended forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb.
Wednesday..Rain changing to snow.
Rainfall amounts 20 to 30 mm. Snowfall accumulation 5 to 10 cm.
Freezing level 2000 metres lowering to 1600 metres.
Thursday..Periods of snow.
Snowfall accumulation 10 to 20 cm.
Freezing level 1500 metres lowering to 1000 metres.
Friday..A mix of sun and cloud.
Freezing level 900 metres.

Hopefully it'll turn to snow earlier on wednesday and new snow will repair the rain damage by thursday. I'll be on blackcomb whatever ... and colder weather is encouraging by weekend
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wbsr, shouldi bring brand my new skis or old ones. Assuming not too many rocks to be hit, at least above mid mountain? Heading up there today with 5 people, so can only take one pair of skis each (a scary thought for me!)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blackcomb Opening Day - Bluebird powder day with Spankys Open

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/opening-day-on-blackcomb-mountain-1744.htm
snow conditions
It's been a while, but here is a quick update.

We have had approx 10 days of no snow, plenty of sunshine and REALLY cold temperatures (by our standards). It is currently around -15C at the peak, and it has been as low as about -22C. Even the valley has been hitting -10C.

Overall, the snow is hard packed - but fantastic skiing. It is easy to get an edge in, if you are comfortable on the hard packed / FAST surface. Personally, I don't like it so cold (Whistler would normally hover around the -5C -> -10C mark with more time at -5C), but I understand a lot of other resorts reach these temperatures on a regular basis.

Off piste is still reasonable, but no powder skiing unless you go back country. In some areas it is hard as rock, but others I have found soft and fun. (off piste that is)

the forecast looks like it is staying cold for a little bit longer, followed by (hopefully) a couple of days of snow around the weekend.

The base is around 175cm, which is fantastic for this time of year - however it is not a true all mountain base - the base up top is deep, while mid to lower mountain it is okay, but probably around the 100cm mark.

Keep up to date with my blog

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/
ski holidays
Lucky you...enjoy your season!!
latest report
After about 2 weeks of no snow, we finally got some. 11cm overnight, with more on the way. Skiing conditions are pretty good again Smile
snow report
Another great day - around 20cm overnight and another 20 or so during the day Smile

Alpine lifts remained closed due to high winds, but with no one around, and all that snow falling we were getting fresh lines all day.

Freezing levels have risen again, but not too high and the snow is fantastic, cant wait for the alpine to open!!
snow report
Fantastic - have bookmarked the blog and will read as we prepare for our visit in March to coincide with olympics
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy