Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy Saint Vincent Update

Poster: A snowHead
I've just got back to PSV after 2 and a bit weeks in Angleterre. For those that are interested PSV is in very good condition, especially considering that there has not been much snow here since boxing day.

As it has been cold here the station has been making lots of canon snow and then have been cleverly moving it about on the mountain. The result of this is that PSV continues to be 100% open whereas other resorts nearby such as Serre Che are only about 75-80% open.

Conditions above 2400m at PSV are quite hard and icy, but still open and skiable with care. Below 2400m it is just about perfect all the way down to 1400m, even the the very sunny cretes run is open!

Around 20-30cms of new snow is expected in next 3-4 days...so looking forward to some powder. snowHead

So if your coming out here soon you will have a good trip...and if you're not, why not consider it. Late Feb and March flights with RyanAir from London Stansted to Turin are as low as £1.49p each way.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yesterday (Saturday12th Feb) we had rain at PSV over most of the mountain. As a result today the pistes were for the most part rockhard. Sad

This evening it has started snowing heavily even down as low as 1000m so we are looking forward to much improved conditions over the next couple of days. snowHead

I'll keep you all posted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well not much of the predidcted snow arrived Sad Also only six runs were open at PSV yesterday 14th Feb due to high winds affecting the lifts.

Today it looks much better with the mountain fully open. Going up this afternoon to see what the snow is like. Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Conditions have improved considerably. All but one of the lifts were open today. We have a light covering of snow on an icy base. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from PSV where the pistes are now, despite the best efforts of moving snow around, starting to look bare. Fingers crossed that they get a decent dump before I'm back out there in Easter !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wheely, Mark don't panic, you have just bought a property in an area that at present seems hopeless for snow. However snow conditions at PSV vary enormously from year to year. Some years it has the best snow in the Alps, other years (like this one it can suffer snow droughts) but overall it tends to be very good. There will be occasions in the future (and usually its not too far into the future) when you will be skiing in PSV when conditions are fantastic and elsewhere in the Alps it is poor. As you say fingers crossed that a major dump will occur between now and Easter. That's another point sometimes this area can receive serious dumps of snow lets hope there is one soon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've final had some new snow at PSV. Very Happy It snowed last night and on and off today. Not been up to check it out yet, but should get up there tomorrow (Friday 4th March) or Saturday for a more in-depth report. We've had at 10cm last night based on what we got here in the valley.Hopefully the same again coming through tonight. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At long last I got on the slopes today and can tell you that the conditions at PSV are excellent from the top at 2750m to the bottom at 1400m. There is no ice around and in some places you can even get some powder. snowHead snowHead

Also as it is the end of the half-term french holidays this weekend we are looking forward to a very quiet resort next week.

Can't wait to get out there again tomorrow...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bad news I'm afraid! Sad It's is getting very hot in the Southern Alps. Midday temperatures at 1400m today were around 12degsC. The crete run at PSV is still open, just, but we have mud starting to make an appearance on the upper section of the cretes. The centre part of the resort above the top of the bergerie is still good and the resort is still complete to 1400m. However with fairly thin pistes in these temperatures it won't be long until we are seeing a lot of grass.

Let's hope it gets colder again and soon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
petel, Any chance of you making a sacrifice or two to the snow Gods as I back across in 2 weeks time Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll do what I can, but we are a bit short of goats and virgins round here Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just been chatting to Mrs petel, but would be grateful for updates on conditions this week - the English are heading to PSV for their championships from this coming weekend and some racers are worried that it could all end up being cancelled... with sun and rain forecast this week (as just about everywhere around the French Alps), it's not looking good...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spoken to the piste security, and they admit there is a good chance that the entire event may have to be cancelled. Must be bad if they're being that frank!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
petel, Are you sure you can't find some goats and virgins hanging around the place ! I'm across in PSV this Sunday and would prefer to see lovely snow rather than slush.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's not looking good I'm afraid. You will be lucky if you can find slush. Sad
ski holidays
petel, any updates on the English Championships? I know the main FIS and Juniors races are cancelled, but the organisers maintain the Children's races are going ahead as planned. Any rumours about when the resort might shut?
latest report
There are rumours both ways at the moment. Some people are saying that Puy may be forced to close this weekend. Some are saying that they will keep something open until the end of the season.

I have been up there today (not skiing though) and it is very grim. I wouldn't want go out there, but that was just looking as the pistes from the main station at 1600m, it is better further up aparently. The lift to the summit though is closed.

We have had guests staying at our studio at 1600m and they have skied everyday for the last 7 days, but said it's getting too bad now to do another day.

Some other folks I know have been to Les2Alpes today and said that it was really good high up, so for people heading to Puy or Serre Che this could be an alternative for day trips assuming you have transport. I have also been told that La Grave is in quite good condition too for the hardcore.

I'll let you know more as it gets confirmed.
snow report
Latest from Puy St. V.

They are looking at the pistes this morning to decide whether or not the English Alpine Champs will go ahead or not.

For the station in general a decision will probably be made on Monday evening whether to close the station or not.

The forecast is for a continued drop in temperatures and continued precipitation which will start to fall as snow instead of rain. Snow is falling already high up. The hope is that if this continues as forecast they may be able to keep Puy open.
ski holidays
PSV is a bit like the Pope, you just pray the misery will end soon. I understand Puy may close this weekend (3/april) finally.
ski holidays
davidof, looking at conditions in Vars/Risoul, they can't be far behind...
ski holidays
Just for clarity amongst the speculation above...Puy will close tomorrow Sunday 10th April. The ground is now too warm to hold it together anymore. As is the law of sod, it is snowing heavily here today!!! Ho hum!

Time to get the mountain bike out.
ski holidays
petel, here's hoping for a better season next year.
ski holidays
It had better be...we've got the Olympics coming just up the road!!! Can't wait!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy