Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who wants to go to Les Arcs for the day?

Poster: A snowHead
Well, you may remember my 2008 trip

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34681&highlight=

In 2010 it's £129 for depart Friday 15th Jan, £159 for other departures Details Here
Eurostar Train Times and Information

When? Available: Various Friday evening departures
Carrier: Eurostar - Standard class
Train Number: Outbound - 9096 / Inbound - 9099
From / To: London St Pancras (or Ashford) / Moutiers -or- Aime La Plagne -or- Bourg St Maurice

Outbound Journey
Depart: Friday night
20:31 London St Pancras (or 21:15 Ashford)
Arrive: Saturday morning
05:37 Moutiers
06:05 Aime La Plagne*
06:27 Bourg St Maurice

Return Journey
Depart: Saturday night
22:15 Bourg St Maurice
23:09 Moutiers
Arrive: Sunday morning
07:12 London St Pancras (06:34 Ashford)

I'm planning on going on 15th Jan to ski on Sat 16th - who wants to come?
EDIT: 15th Jan now sold out, the week after is available at £159. They are going to let me know if more seats become available.

I'm looking to book this really quickly in case it sells out.....

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 15-10-09 12:56; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx Link to the page Here Smile

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 14-10-09 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, darn it, I'll be on an ItS course in Courchevel. I would have loved to, otherwise.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, ta chuck Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I will still be in Les Deux Alps or would have given it a go.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What time does the train leave Newcastle ? wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would be up for that (did a similar thing last season to Skiwelt Amade - courtesy of Ryan Air's first and last flights and Austriasuperski which was great fun but also quite tiring mostly courtesy of having had to get to Stansted Airport for 06:45 take off)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 14-10-09 20:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me, me, me!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems a ridiculous amount of money for one day! A full week's holiday including flights, transfer, accommodation and food can be had for three times that much!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, maybe so, but luckily some of us can afford it and it's an adventure and a day out. And I can't do a full weeks sking inc flights, transfer, accommodation & food for £387 - at least not where I want to go and to the standard i want. I'm not one of those who work out the cost per skiing day.

schneeflocke, Eeyore Very Happy , I'm planning to phone up in the morning to book for 15th January £129. It is showing as available if you say it's only 1 person but not if you say 2 people. Either there is only 1 place left or they might not be seated together. Are you both OK with this and for me to book/pay for all of us and you can send me the dosh?

schneeflocke, Can you PM me your real name please if you want me to make the booking.

I'll look in again later to see if anyone else wants to sign up.

Hope it comes off Very Happy if not, there's always 2011.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, PM sent.

Yep, I noticed the same thing with 15 Jan only available if one person put in.

But yeah, if it is available I would be happy for you to make the booking and I would then transfer you the money.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dunno dunno dunno...
can't really afford at the mo...

arrgghh....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Aaaargh - it's stil showing as available for 1 seat but not available when you ring Last Minute. I've got to call the guy who deals with Eurostar at noon.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eeyore, schneeflocke, There was only 1 seat left Sad so I booked it for me. The guy is going to let me know if any more seats become available at the price they are working on it. Apparently it went on sale 2 weeks ago at £99 and those seats sold out pronto so I've asked him to put me on his personal distribution list for offers in future.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx, no problem! Thanks for going to all this trouble though!
snow report
schneeflocke, I've put a diary note in for 20th September 2010 Laughing
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Good grief you ar one determined skier! Anyway seeing as we are doing the season in LP area I shall have to see if I can make the trek to Les Arcs to ski a few runs with you on that day. Which day did you get in the end?
snow conditions
Mouth, That would be great Very Happy I'll be skiing on Saturday 16th January
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, OK I have made a note of this and will try to sort things so I can ski with you. Will pm you with my mobile and details etc Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Kruisler wrote:
dunno dunno dunno...
can't really afford at the mo...

arrgghh....

just found this thread - so tempted..
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Mouth, That would be great Very Happy I'll be skiing on Saturday 16th January

If I go back there again this season I'll come and play too...
snow conditions
More the merrier Very Happy

Mouth, replied Very Happy
ski holidays
Are you mad ? Laughing
snow conditions
JT, La la la ...who knows? who cares? Laughing
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
schneeflocke, I've put a diary note in for 20th September 2010 Laughing

ditto! - skiing for a day sounds a great wheeze
snow report
Have fun, look forward to hearing how you enjoyed the day this time Very Happy
snow report
Sounds like a blast, I would be up for it if any more cheap seats become available Very Happy
snow report
Why not just do it on the ordinary train, changing in Paris? Leave London 5:30pm, and arrive at 7:30am next morning. Return at 9pm and get to London at 9am next morning. You do can do it for £125 inc in a sleeper (much better than Eurostar), or a mere £100 if you're prepared to sit in a seat all night. www.raileurope.co.uk shows you the prices. No point in waiting for those one-in-a-lifetime cheap direct Eurostar fares.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philgeorge999, because I work in Trafalgar Square, number 91 bus to St Pancras, get on train, get off at Bourg - no faffing changing in Paris and no having to leave work early to catch the outward train. (I have no desire to use a sleeper). Also the 22:15 departure home allows enough time for a nice relaxed meal in the evening.

Good deal for those that fancy it though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy