Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Skiing in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some snowHead recomendations for 2 Intermediate Adults and 2 children 7 and 9yrs old who will need ski school they will have only had a couple of lessons at Hemel by next April.
No I havent suddenly inherited a man and 2 kids Shocked but somebody I work with Laughing
Obviously it will need to be high, child friendly, good ski school, reasonably priced dont mind chalet or hotel.
I would have thought in the present economic climate it would be better to go with a tour op? I have said I will pick up some details at the Ski Show next week for them but looking for some Laughing 'heads recomendations from the family skiers for both companies and resorts.
Thoughts so far are, La Ros (I suggested that one rolling eyes ), La Plagne including Montalbert (oops me again rolling eyes ) Saas Fe, and ? what other Swiss resorts or other regions.
Many thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Linds, I was going to suggest Silver Ski and either Courchevel or Reberty (les Menuires) but was astounded to find they have dropped all 3 Reberty chalets this season and 2 of their C1650 chalets. Would still give them a look though.
EDIT: We have skied La Ros at Easter and it was beautiful....but slush on the south facings by 1pm and boiler plate in the morning.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of regional f tour op flights seem to be stopping in early March this year too. I've been looking for some friends, and they will have to fly from london or Manchester.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds, LA Ros is south facing and when we skied there in April it was stunning....but mush by 1pm. La Thuile was in great nick, but a bit too much for a learner kid.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saas-Fee and Eskimos for the ski school. Try to find somewhere to stay that is close to the slopes/lifts.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman and Linds, Ski Famille now have 3 chalets in Reberty (not the same ones that Silver Ski have dropped but very similar layouts and and a few metres away from the properties they featured up until this winter). PM me if you'd like more info.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ctskifam, Fantastic chalets. providing you can ski a blue slope they are the best placed chalets we have come accross. Skiing onto the terrace of the Igloo bar (just below La Ferme) and blowing the froth off a few, watching the kids play in the snow, and then staggering 20metres back to the chalet was a great way to finish a sunny spring day.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Aye, why I went for them over all of the other properties and resorts I looked at ... now what do I have to do to let me use that quote on my website? wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/

I've done 6 Easters with them with kids from age 1 onwards!!

My main issue with La Ros in April, is if the weather closes in and the lower tree run is closed, there is only one tiny green run in the trees to ski.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linds wrote:
No I havent suddenly inherited a man and 2 kids Shocked

Laughing Laughing you know, that was my first thought! My second was Shocked too!

(Sorry, can't help though, never take kids.)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy