Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mammoth Mountain Snow Report 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Keeping an eye as I am out in SFO mid November...looking very promising!

Today's Report

The snow is coming down hard here in Mammoth. The outlook for the next few days is looking very good so you better make sure that your storage wax is scraped off in case this storm lives up to its hype.

We will be updating as much as possible to see what the plans are for the weekend...

This Afternoon Rain and snow. High near 31. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind between 60 and 65 mph, with gusts as high as 110 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible. 31°F
Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 29. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind between 65 and 75 mph, with gusts as high as 130 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible. 29°F
Wednesday Snow showers, mainly before 11am. High near 36. Strong and damaging winds, with a west wind 55 to 60 mph decreasing to between 40 and 45 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. 36°F
Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mammoth has received about 24-30 inches of snow at Main Lodge and much more at higher elevations. A bit of rain fell on the snow overnight compacting the base down to a solid 20 inches at Main Lodge with 3-4 feet at McCoy Station.

The current storm is expected to wind down through this afternoon. Once everything passes, we will have a better idea of how soon the lifts will start spinning. Woolly is busy clearing his schedule for the weekend... might be a good sign!

Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the english translation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mammoth is opening Friday, Oct 16, 2009! 2nd earliest opening EVER!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, let's hope it all hangs around and gets topped up for November!!

Quote:
It's official - not only will we be opening for the season on Friday, but everyone who shows up Friday will get to ski or board for FREE! Pass it on!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/MammothMTN?ref=nf
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
look, ickle skiers and boarders......queuing !!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/WebCams/mainCam/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are you on your way over or just daydreaming?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3snowboards wrote:
Are you on your way over or just daydreaming?

exactly as per my first post....

Quote:
Keeping an eye as I am out in SFO mid November...looking very promising!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SFO is an airport.
How long of a spell are you planning to be in there????
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
3snowboards wrote:
SFO is an airport.
How long of a spell are you planning to be in there????

yes you are correct, SFO is an airport.

Just a few days for work at the moment.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 18-10-09 9:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, It's easier to get to Tahoe than to get to Mammoth from SF. wink
I used to live 2 miles from SFO - very convenient.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hope the current trend of weather continues so we can shorten his drive (except that there are flights right into mammoth).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pollittcl wrote:
kitenski, It's easier to get to Tahoe than to get to Mammoth from SF. wink
I used to live 2 miles from SFO - very convenient.

Looks like I'll be staying in Cupertino, is Tahoe likely to be open mid november?? Likely only get 1 or 2 days skiing in and would be driving!!

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cupertino!!!!! and you're working at SFO? That's miles away! Shocked
To get to Mammoth you'll probably have to drive south to Bakersville, or north to rt 88 to get over a pass - most of the pass roads are seasonal and close at the first decent snow.
As for Tahoe being open...........depends on the snow! Squaw is aiming for Nov 20th, as usual, but usually opens earlier if there is snow (opens later if there isn't any!). If it doesn't snow then I'll be looking at a trip to Mammoth during th week after Nov 14, although I also need to get down to the Bay around that time too.

I got sent pics of Mammoth from Friday....I'm still trying to remember why I'm not there! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pollittcl, no the other way around, landing in SFO, driving to Cupertino (it now seems.....), looks like there is a chance I could ski on the 18th or 19th Nov, if somewhere is open and driveable to from Cupertino....
snow report
kitenski, So are you Google, Nokia or Apple? snowHead

I see a ski trip to Mammouth in my future!

and drivable might depend on how you look at it......I think Mammoth is drivable from Cupertino, but then I also do Truckee to Mammoth and back in a day.
snow report
Hmm..

Mammoth has to close for a couple of days until we can make some snow. Outlook is good though with temps dropping soon and maybe even some snow moving in early this week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy