Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North West US starved of snow.

Poster: A snowHead
This week has seen the first substantial snow-falls in Alaska this winter. That notoriously snowy state has had a snow drought this year causing all sorts of problems...

Ironically, the normal early falls of snow insulate the ground and protect it from frost. So, the lack of snow has resulted in a lot more burst pipes etc.
You'd think that living in Anchorage, people would be used to driving in snow but this week's weather has resulted in a huge number of traffic accidents.

Washington State, however, is in such short supply of the white stuff that every single resort is currently "Closed until further notice".

More on Alaska
More on Washington
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i just had a look at the whistler webcams.. having been there in late march 3 yers ago.. it looks shocking the runs right atthe bottom are borderline turning to mud.. plus its been raining up top! thats gonna cost em some dough.. they must need to get loads of people in there to break even!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CANV CANVINGTON, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
whhayy haayyy .. cheers wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CANV CANVINGTON, welcome to SnowHeads, I'm off to Whistler next week. I'm hoping for a miracle.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got back from Whistler last weekend after 2 weeks there, when everyone kept telling us how terrible it was, and it was the worst season they'd ever had, and wasn't I disappointed? I still feel that, if that's Whistler at it's worst, bring-it-on when it's at its best. The first week we had brilliant sunshine - unusual in February and more than compensating for the few icy bits. The second week there was minimal snowfall and it was getting very dodgy at the bottom, but I only downloaded by gondala twice. There were a few slushy bits late in the day, and there was definitely more rock exposed than I would have liked, but we even found a wee bit of fresh snow on my second to last day - and I'm no off-piste hound. Admittedly it was looking a bit bleak for this week but, with snowmaking and the extensive terrain, I still reckon it should be more than good enough. And I got a great tan. We have to get our priorities right.
I don't think you can fail to have a great time!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scream, why couldn't you have posted last week, before I sold my skis and exchanged them for oilskin, wellies and sowester?
All the weather sites and snow reports look terrible. The Upper slopes at Whistler, according to the Ski Club historical data (average of last 11 years), are approaching the normal lower slope depths, and the lower slopes are practically non-existent.
I'm now feeling a little less suicidal, but I would like a few more posts like scream's to cancel the order for Cyanide capsules.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim, me too. I hate dodgy slopes, etc. Still undecided as to whether I should take my skis or not.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, Helen Beaumont,

I was out there at the same time and scream's report is spot on. I was apprehensive beforehand but I wasn't in the slightest disappointed afterwards - a "bad" snow year in Whistler is still a great holiday. Reading the snow reports may make you want to cry, but believe me I've had to put up with worse conditions mid-season in (off the top of my head) Verbier, La Plagne, Sella Ronda in recent memory

Some more positive thinking to help get you through the wait...

* Temps seeem to be coming back down again and there's precipitation on the way for mid-week: report
* One or two "normal" BC snow days (IF they finally arrive rolling eyes) could quickly turn things around. During my two weeks there all it took was one measly 10cm snowfall and the alpine had some excellent conditions for days afterward in the high bowls.
* A Whistler ski-day in the sun is just bloody marvellous. Makes a change from the usual dodgy vis and pea-soup cloud.
* Less than inspiring snow conditions makes for a good excuse to spend some days in lessons, work on your technique.
* If all that fails... town is full of excellent bars and restaurants and going out is cheap as chips because of the strong £.

And it beats being in the office. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnnyrotten, thanks for your great post - you have me smiling again and quite looking forward to whatever we get.
Just 2 weeks to go . . . .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oops sorry didnt mean to depress anyone.. and yes a couple of days of snow can totally transform the place..
i wasnt so keen on the nightlife.. the average canadian (despite being great people) has a grasp of sarcasm that makes every american look like frasier.. make sure you say exactly what u mean and dont for gods sake light up a cigarette within 3 miles of one of em wink..
whistler has some magnificent sking but im firmly in the alps camp now..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whistler: 86cm snow in the last 7 days, and now the sun has come out to give the best conditions the place has seen all season. I am truly grateful.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, hope you're having a blast in all that powder. Good to see winter arriving in Whistler, better late than never snowHead

In contrast, I'm just back from Chamonix, where this weekend it was 15C in the town, freezing levels were 2500m, south-facing slopes were turning to mush by 11am. And it's now raining....

A warm spring has arrived in the Alps with a vengeance. Canada & N America is the place to be skiing right now, you lucky things.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnnyrotten, not there yet - I arrive on Saturday (in the rain, I think, but it should be snowing up the mountain). I hope to post a bit when I am there as the hotel has some internet access.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1/3 of the season's snow has fallen in the last 6 days... Yesterday was definitely the best day's sking of the season.

Anyone here now will be having FUN! Very Happy
snow conditions
colinmcc, thanks for that - can I buy you a beer when I get to Whistler?
latest report
Jonpim,

Drop into the Brewhouse any day between 4.15 and 5.15. Look for the Ski Club of GB rep, he'll put you in touch.

More snow forcast over the weekend, it is snowing outside as I write, (Mid day, Friday)
snow report
colinmcc wrote:
Jonpim,

More snow forcast over the weekend, it is snowing outside as I write, (Mid day, Friday)

Colin, where is your place, it's not snowing outside mine (Blackcomb Benchlands) Confused snowHead

Enough snow to get my new skis out at last (Volkl Karma's), great snow, great skis, it's all great snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Snow stopped here too.. By Blueberry Hill traffic lights...
snow conditions
Hey, look you guys: you're both in Whistler, but it looks like you aint on drinking terms. Get with it!
I'm about to fly a million miles to Whistler and hope to meet up with both of you - do you go to the Brewhouse too, stuarth?
I reckon I am going to arrive in the rain (tomorrow, Saturday, about 6.30pm), but I'm well used to that, as many of us going out have stayed at Nendaz at Easter where it is common to have rain in the village but snow up the mountain.
I'm not looking forward to the flight at all, but I am looking forward to Whistler, the skiing, and meeting up with some of you guys.
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Hey, look you guys: you're both in Whistler, but it looks like you aint on drinking terms. Get with it!
I'm about to fly a million miles to Whistler and hope to meet up with both of you - do you go to the Brewhouse too, stuarth?

Yes - far too often! snowHead
There every monday and wednesday pretty much (Dave Murray Camp Apres) at the very least!
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,

Looks like miracles happen! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dumping snow today! Toofy Grin
snow report
Well, I did go to the Brewhouse - great place - but as I was accompanied by a marauding gang of teenage girls and their drunken parentsit is not surprising no one came to enquire about who I was despite the distinctive look (I of course was quite sober - at least I was until they started plonking those jugs of beer on the table).
In less than a week Whistler went from "The Worst Conditions in Living Memory" to "Best conditions we've had for years". Wonderful place.
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
accompanied by a marauding gang of teenage girls

Some people dream of such things. Were they 18 and 19? wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy