Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cat boarding

Poster: A snowHead
After a very disquieting experience with a cattery for our ski hols last winter my better half has suggested we post on here to see if anyone can recommend somewhere for the moggy in the Lancashire area (we are in Burnley).

We had used this cattery previously but when we dropped the cat off in one of the coldest spells for many years, to find no heating put a real dampner on the start to our hols.

Slightly off topic I know but it is loosely ski related.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought from the title of your thread that you were going to take the cat snowboarding which is an interesting alternative.

Sorry can't help with your problem.

Andy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve.S, are there no pet-sitting services in the area who can come and see to your cat at home?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve.S, contact your local Cats Protection League. I adopted my cat from my local branch and they recommended a good cattery with heated indoor runs with a catflap to a small outdoor area, costing £5 per night!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We always have an arrangement with friends, they feed ours when we are away and we feed theirs when they are on hols.
We have even had a friend house sit when our old cat wasn't very well.
Sad to say hes no longer with us, but he had a good long life.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve.S, your local vet might have some details of catteries. You could also pay a visit to potential catteries and check them out before you book. That way you'd find out in advance if they have heated beds. A similar thing happened to me a number of years ago when I went away for a couple of weeks and left our moggies in a place without heated beds. Again, it was quite cold while we were away and it must have been miserable for them - especially as they were used to a much, much better standard of accommodation at home!!

By the way, I thought this was going to be a thread about catskiing (except boarding of course)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Feline Advisory Bureau (FAB) lists approved catteries. Our local one is listed and is the best I have ever used, run by people who genuinely love animals - I have seen some run purely as a business. Here's a link to the "L" section of the listing. http://www.fabcats.org/catteries/listed_catteries/index2.php#lancashire.

As other suggest your alternative is a pet-sitter service like Animal Aunts, though I have no experience of such services.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.valhallapow.com/ - its near Nelson wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shotgun and a shovel . . . Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought this tread would contain a spoofed Utube clip of cat on snowboard!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, You should worry, I was expecting the cat to be used as a snowboard... rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the help everyone although my GF wants to have a word with Masque,

My son usualy cat sits for us (and drinks all my beer) but he is skiing with us this time and our friends who used to keep an eye on her have been converted to skiing and are with us as well (so I guess this is probably my fault).

We have looked on the FAB site and are checking a couple of places this weekend so I think we are sorted now.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Which bank have you dingles been robbing!
I didn't know Burnley folk ever the town!!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thebrownslug,
We are the Burnley Ski Team.
Do I take your reference to Dingles to mean that you are going to be one of the Sad Rovers fans on Sunday?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ha, I was giving you stick and managed to mess the sentence up!!
Yes I am a fan of your much more successful local rivals, but unfortunately I am in Holland at the moment, so will not be at the game!
snow conditions
I must say, the cat doesn't look very happy about it!

http://youtube.com/v/HgExiRKE594
snow conditions
Steve.S wrote:
After a very disquieting experience with a cattery for our ski hols last winter.....

May I suggest a chalet, hotel or self catering apartments in the mountains instead?
ski holidays
Quote:

Heated indoor runs

Our cats spend most of their nine lives outside. Should I invest in lots of patio heaters?
ski holidays
I think your cat has told his friends about your snow trips ...

http://youtube.com/v/meH82PThAzM
snow conditions
altis,
Fantastic, I will tell the cat she's coming with us, bug these expensive cattery's she's in the boot bag8-)

thebrownslug,
More successful no more my friend, the new dawn has begun.

Frosty the Snowman,
I told my girlfriend we are spoiling her (although she's still managed to get through a couple of lives - the cat not the girlfriend)
snow report
Pet sitters are where it's at.

Mine charges £7 per visit, feeds my three cats, waters my herbs and sorts my post.

Total cost for a 7 night holiday is way, way less than a cattery plus I have the knowledge that someone is visiting my house every day and checking all is well.

However, the real bonus is that my cats don't have to leave home. I always found cattery's a bit of a nightmare - in the past my cats have come back either full of fleas or nervous wrecks. Staying in known territory is always better for them.
snow report
Steve.S, If she is still just a GF - why not upgrade to a non cat-lover? Toofy Grin
latest report
I use a friend, she visits every other day to feed mine. Cat is a lot happier been at home then somewhere strange.
All it costs me is a meal out with her and her partner - £50ish for the week. Smile
ski holidays
3-2 the dawn is over!
snow conditions
thebrownslug,

Have no fears its on its way!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy