Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski map

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, I actually just posted this in another thread, but I realized I might not have been the first one to find it. Has anyone seen this map ( http://www.worldreviewer.com/ski-conditions-map/?region=#50.2408:-48.7084:3 ) before and can you tell me if its the real deal?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good map! Don't know if the snow depth information is any good but it's nice to see all the ski locations clearly identified on a good map, just to see what's around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mfj197 wrote:
Good map! Don't know if the snow depth information is any good but it's nice to see all the ski locations clearly identified on a good map, just to see what's around.

More like rubbish map - based on a very quick review of an area I've been to a bit (tarentaise, france)

1) Les Arcs completely missing.

2) Ste Foy completely missing.

3) Les Menuires completely missing

4) Pralognan completely missing

5) Positioning - Tignes is positioned as 'les brevs' when I guess most people would regard the 'lac' as the centre. Ditto Mottaret listed as a separate resort to meribel and shown about as far away from Meribel as Courchevel (really?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, You were just looking in the wrong place.
Les Arcs is just near Cannes, Argentiere near Lyon.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 13-10-09 9:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett wrote:
More like rubbish map

Shows how much I know. Neutral

Do you know of a better one? I love looking at maps like this, particularly as I'll have a season pass at the Grand Massif again this year and am looking forward to using the free day passes in the surrounding resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow depths seem rather suspect as well!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
to be fair, i think Les Arcs is on there. It's down on the coast, near Toulon. DOn't know if that's where it should be, though Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jpulling wrote:
to be fair, i think Les Arcs is on there. It's down on the coast, near Toulon. DOn't know if that's where it should be, though Sad

Nope - seems there is a place called Les Arcs down there but it's not the same one as the ski resort.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never knew Mammoth was in Colorado Shocked wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
so...not the best? Are there others out there that are better?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is the bible, but only covers Austria, Switzerland, Italy & Germany: http://www.bergfex.com/

For Scotland: http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/skiresorts/index.php

For everywhere: http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/France/French_Ski_Resorts_Map.html (well this is the french map but seems rather better than the initial one and there are others for many countries). Not v good in the PDS since it misses Morzine out entirely & puts the linked resorts into their own countries (although it tells you there are numerous links in the text), but at least Les Arcs is in the correct location.

I have seen a detailed British Columbia resort map on here also, but I can't remember when or where.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm - the j2ski French map has moved the Grand Massif to south of the Autoroute Blanche and misses off places like Les Carroz and Morrillon, home of the Olympic Men's downhill champion. Has no-one done a good downloadable cover for Google Earth or something?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy