Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg early season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know what Engelberg is like early-season? I'm thinking of going with some mates last weekend in November, and wondering how much of the area we can expect to be open - the glacier should be ok, but it looks a little small...I don't know if we're likely to get anything more than that. Any thoughts?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChrisWo, people don't go there for the piste sking.. if the glacier is dangerous..which in early season it may well be, as in not enough snow to fill the crevases and allow a passage off the ice band which marks the end of the glacier, you'll need a rope there at the least, IMO.. it rather negates a lot of what is on offer.

If that is the case, then a quick weekend warm-up is what it is for.. and there are better places than that, I'd suggest.

But...it all comes down to the early snow..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if there is a lot of early season snow, go for it. if not, most of the fun stuff will not be much fun and you can expect to makes lots of holes in your skis

the Rotegg, for example, can be seriously scary without much snow on it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
....the Rotegg can be a complete horror if there's not been a recent dump even mid season.

Glacier sking is basically 1 T bar and 1 slightly steeper chairlift. Early season I imagine the race clubs would be heavy users, Hintertux or Tignes or L2A would be far better
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys, I kind of thought it might be a bit of a waste for early season (I'm surprised they bother opening so early...guess there are sight-seers around still).

I reckon we'll probably make the trek to Saas Fee instead - we're without a car (actually a driver Smile ), and flights haven't yet started to Innsbruck so Switzerland seems the best bet. Might even try Andermatt if there's enough early season dumpage...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ChrisWo, again, Andermatt is very rocky underneath so needs decent cover off piste. Not sure about Discentis though..that will be on a road trip soon.
More of an AT place tho, from little I know.

The Valais resorts are nearer now they have put the tunnel through.. but if it is the train and pre season prices...Zermatt or Saa Fee
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy