Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes or Alpe d’Huez trip advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, some advice needed, if you can help.

My brother in law has landed himself a job with Crystal for the season and is waiting to hear what resort he gets, he has requested either Tignes or Alpe d’Huez, I was hoping to pop out the either resort late Jan departing Wednesday 20th for a few days coming back on Sunday 24th and was looking for some advice on very cheap digs and transfers,

I can get a flight into Chambery from Brum for about £160 including snowboard which I think will be fine for both resorts.

It seems cheaper to hire a car for the transfer and split the bill between 4 than the bus which seems to be around 70euros each, or is there a cheaper bus?

I have found some dig in Tignes (Chalet Chardon) which seems nice and cheap has any one stopped here? Is there any other super cheap digs?
I have not found any super cheap digs in Alpe d’Huez any advice welcome
I am estimating around £500 each for the trip including 3 day’s lift pass’s can this be beaten using a big operator?

Hope you can help
Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bluenose75, There aren't too many short breaks around. If you can get a flight to Grenoble transfers from there to Alpe D'Huez are reasonable. around £20 return I think but they seem to have gone up a little lately.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bluenose75, have you thought about putting this on the resort Reviews forum - it's also for asking advice on resorts but I think you might get a better response
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, he's already posted the same question twice elsewhere so maybe people are running out of information to give:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55690&highlight=

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55755&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have been to the chardons- it is great.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy