Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski / board trench coat style jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Hey
Has anyone any idea where I can get hold of a knee length board / ski jacket?
I saw some a few years ago, think it was sauze d'oulx, the local instructors were all wearing them and they looked pretty cool. Internet seems to come up blank and shops have no idea. HELP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevatkin, There are several brands available in the UK.

Incline Sports are the UK Beyond-X importers.
Glide and Slide sell Halti ones, their new website should be up soon.
I have a Salomon one but it came direct from Salomon GB not from a shop.
kiwi1 had Vist ones too.

All designs have press studs in the hem that match up to ones at the waist to reduce the length.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah but they're hardly cool. They get worn when you have to as you're employed to teach smarmy unpleasant kid-hits in the pouring rain...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, Yes but just think about how wet the kids will be getting.

I wore mine quite a bit last season, not just in the rain, as a lightweight layer over a softshell.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go for the ankle length leather trench Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, Thanks for the info but unfortunately Incline sports are out of stock of coaches coat until February. I can't find anything on the Salomon GB site. Any further ideas?
Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got Halti as present from guys in Finnish team, and it's best thing you can get when being out on course in rain or snow for few hours. But I wouldn't call it cool.... even if it costs more then normal jacket... if you can even find some to buy, since more of time these things are not really for sale.
Next to that it's really just what name says... rain coat. It's thin, one layer "canvas", so it really is for rain and snow, but nothing else. If you need something at least a bit warm, this is definitely not way to go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevatkin, contact kiwi1 he is the vist importer....

BTW these things come in 2 sizes big and bigger, they are £200 + and generally bright orange (he says as he glances over his shoulder at the orange thing hanging on the office door Shocked)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BUMP*

Just trying to find one of these styles of jackets myself as I think they look pretty damn cool and cosy. I only have the opportunity to go 1 or 2 weeks a year and the weather/conditions sometimes get pretty insane. I seen that 'Beyondx' do a 'B237' trench style but can not find anywhere to purchase. Always keeping a lookout on eBay but no luck too. Someone help. Or if anyone has one for sale HMU.

Thanks Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1162055?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6MzQ1MiwicGFnZSI6MiwicGFnZVNpemUiOjQyLCJwb3MiOjE3fQ==
Something with a beer pocket do?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ardency, for a few bucks Decathlon (at least in France) sell a variety of ponchos...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ardency, The UK Beyond-X importer is still Incline Sports, the url is above.

In France you can buy them from Ultrafun and Ski Clinic, both do mail order.

All of these are just rain shells, they do trap some air which makes them a bit warmer but are designed to be worn over another ski jacket.

Beyond-X also make long coats with insulation but have never seen one and don't know how easy they are to ski in.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thankyou v much ^^
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
or you could save a shedload for a non skiing one!

https://www.optimumsport.com/collections/sub-suits-jackets/products/sub-jacket-black?gclid=Cj0KCQjwiILsBRCGARIsAHKQWLPu7HiK2SiCbSNPcIZcOi-4gOHQXK7sJqEoBK7dwKxeq7JdIaAqk_0aAmW9EALw_wcB
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If the weather is so bad that you need a long rain jacket I think there are better things to do than ski.
latest report
@rob@rar, +1....get on the highest lift and ski powder for example, or hit the wellness/ drink beer
latest report
@rob@rar, unless you are teaching/coaching??? (and not necessarily skiing). I am considering one for hockey coaching.
snow conditions
I can supply the Dynastar DLFS05A Longshell to order:

IIRC Skimottaret was the last person to buy one so he'd be able to give you a review.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@rob@rar, unless you are teaching/coaching??? (and not necessarily skiing). I am considering one for hockey coaching.
Yes, unless you are being paid to be on skis. I normally wear Goretex which copes with most precipitation, even if it's a miserable experience. If it's so bad that a coaches cape is required I'd rather be anywhere else. Really don't enjoy skiing in heavy rain.
latest report
I have a genuine SPYDER one which I'm not using. It's plain black with some spyder logos on it. It's VERY oversized - I could probably wear it over a full sized down jacket and I'm generously proportioned myself...

. I thought it would be useful as a dog-walking coat, but unless I'm out in winter it's too large to wear on it's own . Open to offers - can send pics if interested.
latest report
Quote:

Really don't enjoy skiing in heavy rain.

This.

Love a big well watered lunch in a cosy alpine restaurant with an open fire though.
snow report
Decathlon Mountain Store in Passy had quite the selection of coats for skiing in the other day...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy