Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soft shell/windproof

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all again,

looking for a little advice, this time about a soft shell jacket. Looks like I will probably be moving to Amsterdam for a while, not quite the alps that I was hoping for but a bit closer... I have decided that I will need a jacket to keep me nice and warm, plan to do allot of cycling. Soft shell look like the sort of thing I want, breathable, water resistant and wind proof. I don't want to spend ridicules money, about £100 absolute max, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it just for cycling? If it is I wouldn't bother with a softshell.

Cyclists have enjoyed well fitted, thermally lined long sleeved tops for decades. If they were baggy I suppose they'd be called a softshell now, but they cost about £20/30. Add to that a decent waterproof shell £50/70 and you've a set up that can be tailored to any condition.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've found a "windshirt" very useful. - something like this. Very easy to carry yet useful when a little extra warmth or "windproofness" is required. On a warmer day I can remove it and allow the breeze to flow through my clothes which isn't possible with a softshell (or only through a few vents).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a windshirt a lot to. Cheap Ronhill Pertex jobby from the bi-annual Mountain Equipment sale. Very flexible part of a layering system and it packs down to next to nothing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy