Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

we may indeed be in a period of cooling worldwide temperatures that could last another 10-20 years

Poster: A snowHead
Now this is my kind of report Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I prayed for a mini ice age, promised I'd do loads of stuff (and not lots of other stuff). Looks like the big fella bought it Little Angel
I might need another pair of skis (you cant be too prepared).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Global warming doesn't matter, cos the oil will all run out in a few years anyway, and that's the end of CO2 buildup - and according to the climate change "experts", that's the end of global warming as we know it

OK - away with the soap box, BRING ON THE SNOW Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The sun has temporarily cooled.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did any one read the global cooling extract from "Super Freakonomics" in the Sunday Times yesterday. Some very interesting stuff, notably that Co2 isn't the most important greenhouse gas, water vapour is, and apparently climate change models don't model the affect of water vapour very well.

They also commented that the 'dirty' use of carbon based fuels helped with cooling over the last 200 years due to the particles released with combustion. The recent(ish) upturn in temps may be because we have cleaned up Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, would you have a link for this article?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
david@mediacopy, Yeah, I saw it. I love articles that challenge popular theories like that. I read about water vapour being the main greenhouse gas years ago (can't remember where), and yet the government and the media keep going on about CO2. The only thing I'm sure of about global warming is that no-one's sure of anything! Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I read about water vapour being the main greenhouse gas

'They' kept that quiet to protect the Yorshire Tea industry Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom W, No, fraid not. I think that's because it was an extract rather than a review. The book is out soon and should be worth a read. Their first one was pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superfreakonomics-Cooling-Patriotic-Prostitutes-Insurance/dp/071399990X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255341517&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21

Jumper, The only thing I know is that there is a lot of vested interest due the amount research of money involved rolling eyes

Ever the pessimist, I'm tending towards the global cooling view.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seem to remember there being a programme about global cooling a year or two back. I too like these popular theories being challenged. For so long, the only acceptable opinion has been i)Global warming is happening and ii)we are the cause of it. Can't say we have been presented with conclusion proof of the second and the jury is out on the first given it seems the earth may have cooled in recent periods.

Everyone patted Al Gore on the back for his efforts on that documentary - the prize that followed probably had more to do with the fact that people felt sorry for him losing the presidential election.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
that the 'dirty' use of carbon based fuels helped with cooling over the last 200 years due to the particles released with combustion.

Otherwise known as a theory called Global Dimming.
This theory claims that some of the particles we are releasing into the atmosphere block sunlight from hitting the earth.
Thus masking the effects of Global Warming, which may be worse that we think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That was it, global dimming. We may need to get burning coal double quick to keep global warming at bay! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone else noticed that the wikipedia 'Discussion notes' are generally more interesting than the subject content ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The best example of the global dimming theory was seen after the 9/11 bombings and all aircraft in the usa were grounded for a nearly a week. They wanted to check the effect that aircraft were having on the upper atmosphere, but needless to say couldn't ask for all flights to be stopped, but then this happend. After all the data was collated it turned out that temps had risen by a small amount, something like an avg of .75 degrees. Seems insignificant, but these guys had forcast only a fraction of this and were really surprised at the effect.

The extract in the paper made for some good reading and I liked the comment at the end where Al Gore had been asked what he thought of the idea of creating more global dimming to counter the rising temps. Really stupid was the reply. Yes Al you're so much more intelligent than these guys that the goverment use as a think tank and star wars scientists! Not saying it would work, but maybe shouldn't be quite so dismissive.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Could someone tell the Government QUANGO on Climate Change it's getting colder - they want to charge us all for driving a car http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6870115.ece

I suppose I could take the train instead - no wait there's no station within 10 miles of my house rolling eyes
snow conditions
man made global warming is rubbish shocker.. when al gore was jetting round the world making a fortune getting idiot governments to tax their citizens , the russians were already saying we are in a period of low sunspot activity and that the next decade or two would be cooler.. now cooler is not going to be as great as everyone thinks. personally i will laugh at all the people who ripped out their central heating to live by the warmth of their biological worm digester, just as i laugh when i watch an old gardeners world from the late 90's and everyone is planting drought resistant plants.. now the technological drive to new forms of cleaner energy is good.. pollution is bad.. but to really think what mankind does makes more difference than the big quadtrillion billion zillion ton shiny super nuclear reactor in the sky is somewhat amusing..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy