Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier over Xmas (19/12/09-02/01/10)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like I'm going to be spending the xmas/nyr period (a whole two weeks - yoo-hoo) in Verbier this year. From a quick look-see it seems there'll be a few others around, so maybe here's a thread to make hook ups.

Now I've your attention - a quick bit of advice. First, I'm looking at BnBs and can find places in both Le Chable and Verbier itself. Obviously Verbier is more expensive, but is there enough in Le Chable to make it reasonable to stay there? (The difference on the best offers I have so far is Le Chable is CHF25/night cheaper.) I don't need a huge amount of night-life, being a sad old git, but a few places to eat in the evening (sometimes cheap, sometimes maybe pay a little more for a bit more quality) and a bar or two would be sort of the minimum required.

2nd....anywhere do a decent range of Dynafit-compatible boots and can fit them properly? Actually that's probably better asked in the equipment forum, so I'll do that.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GrahamN, Le Chable can do what you want. Are you staying at Max and Millie's? 3 or 4 bars, Le Rosbif is the most anglophone, although under new management this winter. New lounge bar opening as well and a decent choice of restaurants. Try Mountain Air in Verbier for your boots.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GrahamN, Be good to catch up again. I'll be in Le Chable too.

Check this place out I know nothing about it Steve Sparks, may know more http://www.hotels-suisse.ch/gietroz/gietroz-en.htm

Steve Sparks, Cheers for the tip for the season accomodation I got a room with John in Le Rosbif Very Happy I owe you a beer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RPF, Excellent, I'll be calling that in over the winter wink

The Gietroz is a lovely little hotel, not stayed there, but had a few beers in the bar.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going to be in Chamonix for Xmas week but will be returning to Nendaz pretty shortly afterwards. Scottishskier and Swirly will be around over the whole period. Drop one of us a line closer to the time if you fancy meeting up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice guys. Booked it all today (train fares skyrocketing even as I booked Sad - ended up costing about twice what I'd scoped out a few days ago). Staying in a BnB a road or two just above the lift station - looks quite nice and a lot cheaper than either Max and Millies or the Gietroz - although I think I may spend a bit of time in the bar there as a family from the local kids' race club are staying there as well. Look forward to seeing those of you around over that period. gorilla, will do.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrahamN, where are you staying? May be after B&B later in the season and a recommendation would be useful. Thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy