Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LDA early Dec: Should I wait for the price to drop?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Going to LDA the week b4 xmas, planning to take the Mark Warner package because of their childcare. My hunch is that it's not going 2 b terribly busy that week and therefore the price is likely to drop (and in any case, they won't run out of rooms). Any useful advice or info about this decision are welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dfl, your hunch is probably correct. There's no way I'd book a mid December package in advance at full price. But you do mean the week before, do you? Not the w/b 19 December.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's always a gamble if you wait for last minute bargains. There's no guarantee that the prices will drop, or the exact requirements you need will be available. If you're flexible about where you end up it sounds like a good plan, but if you have specific requirements, eg childcare, I'd be tempted to book and pay full price. The big tour operators have reduced their capacity in France significantly for this season, so there might be less 'distressed stock' to be sold at the last minute.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm, not sure it'll drop, given they are already giving free child places if you book before 31st Oct, but then again, as you say it's a very quiet time...

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/pages/free-child-place-this-winter
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I read an item this morning that indicated what people have mentioned above that operators have significantly less capacity for this season and that it's possible prices could go up due to supply and demand. Probably written by a TO mind!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dfl, wot rob said. If childcare is what you want, I'd book early rather than leave it until later and miss out. You will notice that it's already cheaper than other weeks.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going second week in March to Italy, booked already. I'm pretty glad I booked when I did as the hotel I chose has already sold out and the remaining hotels have gone up by at least £50 for that week since I booked.

Booking late is a bit of a gamble but if you can be flexible about accommodation and departure airport, you might just grab a bargain.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only to agree with what's been said.

Booking late can be a deal bagger if you can go with the flow. If you have specific requirements you can be left high and dry.

The free child places would be the clincher, if they apply.

John.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanx everybody. It is noteworthy that none of the snowheads who have urged me to spend-spend-spend, complemented this advice with an offer to share the cost. Rather disappointing, but perhaps I've had this eye opener coming.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 9-10-09 17:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dfl, I can offer you a great pre-Christmas rate if you want to stay in Les Arcs Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy