Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great Sebastian Faulks piece on skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great piece by Sebastian Faulks in the Times on the joys of skiing, and ski holidays in general:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/winter_sports/article6849630.ece

Final few paragraph really capture what it is for me about skiing. That single-minded clarity of thought that occurs when your head just empties of everything else in the world…

bring on 09/10!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And very funny ending.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
great article. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing good one! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Corniest urban myth about skiing in the book!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bad_roo, which, the last bit about the girl swishing down the piste with trousers round the ankles? Yes, I'd heard that one too, but it's still a slick piece of writing. Nobody said it had to be actually true. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not an urban myth, I've seen it for real. Heidi was her name and she was very beautiful, but very dumb. Came out from behind the bushes screaming, sort of in mid-flow. Funniest thing I think I've ever seen.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, you skied with Sebastian Faulks?

Although I guess this particular urban/mountain legend may have several true sources...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"Skiing, to begin with, was about pain: the clamp of boot, the screaming ache of thigh muscle, the frostbitten fingertips in threadbare, borrowed gloves, the trudge down tarmac roads with skis digging into your shoulder and the lower back always on the verge of spasm".
Happy days Confused Nice piece...made me chuckle Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
I skied well just once in my life, at Cortina. I don’t know why, but the skis just refused to be parted; they made the faintest, unfamiliar wooden clacking all week long as they stuck together.

Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, he started skiing a long time ago!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
horizon wrote:
rob@rar, you skied with Sebastian Faulks?

No, just saw the same thing that he wrote about. Although if I had skied with him I might have commented on
Quote:
I skied well just once in my life, at Cortina. I don’t know why, but the skis just refused to be parted; they made the faintest, unfamiliar wooden clacking all week long as they stuck together.
Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
toff talking tosh IMV

Quote:
Then there is the one-man drag or button that on certain steep sections strains not just the forearm but also the soft tissues of the backside. Not for nothing is it widely known as the Fister.

???

Can't say I'll be looking out for his next article.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I likes the following line

"With meditation, it is a mantra; with skiing, it is about trying to stay alive at high speed. Nothing else. Soon your mind empties of all other thoughts and a vacuous smile comes over your face; songs you hadn’t thought about for 20 years form on your chapped lips. "

I think i may atually do that. I definitely sing to myself when alone on the mountain. Yes, this may mean i'm mentally ill but it seems so much more civilised than taking my i-pod.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy