Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The ups and downs of our half-term holiday ANOTHER UPDATE :(

Poster: A snowHead
Due to the credit crunch We started by looking for long weekends, then a - week wednesday to wednesday but nothing came up. We were looking to minimise the amount of out of school for the kids. During one of the enquiries they mentioned that they could take our whole group at half term..... and there is 23 of us Laughing The price, sharing some nice rooms with the kids came in at €280 per head half board Shocked

We are all from North East England and NO single soul wanted to drive; the drive out is not too bad but the return was a no no. Flights from Leeds to Salzburg cane in at between £300-440, the cheaper option going out on a Friday and back on a Sunday. During my quest for flights there arose a strange option of Gatwick to Vienna with Easyjet. We have booked this and the cost of our lovely catered chalet holiday has come in, for half term week, at £570 pp Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Price Breakdown per person

5pm train Darlington - Gatwick 4.25 hrs - using a family railcard - £37 return Shocked
Quad room in Gatwick Airport Travel Inn -£12
Taxis to and from hotel £6
Easyjet Gatwick to Vienna Out Saturday 13th Feb, back Sunday 21st Feb - £110
9 days Car Hire, and fuel - £100
Super catered chalet - £280 based on €1 - £1
Quad room in hotel near Vienna Saturday night - £25

For those interested the Chalet is 10 mins from Schladming in Ramsau am Dachstein
http://www.pension-hoffelner.at/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g658282-d624331-Reviews-Pension_Hoffelner-Ramsau_Styria.html
The chalet owners have been most helpful.

Add to this...we can ski for 7 days

yes a bit of a fanny about with a 3.5 hr drive in Austria and a train journey at this end BUT I am one very, very happy bunny

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-02-10 11:19; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one.

Hope it goes as well as it sounds snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get in there Frosty the Snowman,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow's comin', filll yer boots up lad ....

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/berg-wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/ramsau-dachstein
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looks cracking .. have a great one
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, excellent news, piccies when you get back, please. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman,
The £570 you have shown, does that inc food, lift pass, ski hire, etc
If so, it's a really good price for HT
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Mounta1nGoat and I are in Schladming that week so we might see you on the mountain, wish we had got as good a deal as that Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wayne, 6 day ski Amade pass (for comparison purposes) is €150 extra (averaging a youth and an adult pass) skis and boot saverage at €70. Food is included.

anarchicsaltire, We can swap mobiles nearer the time Very Happy but time alwys is scarce with a big group. Perhaps an apres beer straight from the slopes Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Sounds good - the Germknödels await!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink, yum yum. I am really happy to be returning to the Ski Amade.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Cracking deal mate, nice one! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, well done big fella! So including lift pass and ski/boot hire (at your ex rate which is conservative) - £790 pp. Still a darn good deal!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TallTone, I am chuffed as it is where I/we wanted to go. I think the Folgarida option is similarly excellent wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well done Frosty Smile

Sorry I couldn't be of assistance this time! I know the place but haven't been in. We contacted the owners a while back but have never met up.

Ramsau is a lovelly little village. It even makes Radstadt look busy.
I'm glad you have gone for the car option though as you will need it at times. There are bus routes down and up to Schladming pretty often but they are a bit of a length!
Ramsau is a cute little area too for a little play.
Plus if you fancy it you can enjoy the 100's of K of x-country !! (like that will happen!)
snow report
flangesax, yes the group grew a bit after we spoke!!1

X-Country Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
We are having a couple of 'boys weekends' in Schladalming this season. I've never been but am looking forward to it.
snow report
What a deal, Frosty the Snowman! I need to break me off a piece of a deal like that...
snow report
Phew, just as I was begining to feel sorry for you and thought I might have to offer you my floor sleep on Toofy Grin

Nice one wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, great! snowHead
latest report
Just looked at flight prices to Salzburg from Stansted. £30 each way... but if you went when Frosty is going, Mr O'Leary wants £170 each way Shocked

No wonder people take their kids out of school.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, wow that's excellent, nice one Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Nice job! If you consider setting yourself up as a tour operator next year I'll give you some business Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

You may not know it but you could be cut out for a TO and make loads of money while skiing!
snow conditions
Well it has all just gone a bit pear shaped for us; Son of Lard has been selected to play rugby for Yorkshire against some low-down Leek Munchers wink on.......... Sunday 15th Feb. Tombalabomba will fly out with the main party but Me, The Boss and the boy are now looking at getting to Gatwick on the Sunday night and flying out on the Monday. 2 days less skiing and about £300 in extra/lost costs. No complaints though snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 15-12-09 16:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, congratulations to Son of Lard!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Well it has all just gone a bit pear shaped for us; Son of Lard has been selected to play rugby for Yorkshire against North Wales on.......... Sunday 15th Feb. Tombalabomba will fly out with the main party but Me, The Boss and the boy are now looking at getting to Gatwick on the Sunday night and flying out on the Monday. 2 days less skiing and about £300 in extra/lost costs. No complaints though snowHead

Rugby or skiing - get yer priorities right man Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Lucky it is only North Wales wink tough luck on the ski holiday but congrats on the rugby representative thingy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Many congratulations on his selection ... commiserations on the result. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Knowing your luck the game will abandoned due to......snow Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, fantastic! Congratulations to the young master. Toofy Grin 'course it's more important than skiing!
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, you must be a proud Dad !
Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Congrats from an ex Yorkshire player!
snow report
MJS, as in Mike Slemen ? Wow !
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, congratulations, you must be thrilled!
snow conditions
Agenterre, he was a scouse!!! Not good enough for Yorkshire Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, nice one, he's obviously the one in the family with some talent.

Is that the open age side?
latest report
Mosha Marc, Bit early for bad jokes then ? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, no, it is an age group. He's only a bairn Little Angel but a big fecker admittedly Little Angel
ski holidays
Agenterre, it's never too early for bad jokes. wink

Frosty the Snowman, he's among a select band then Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy