Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
after some help/advice as to the best place to stay in Val Thorens...
3 of us going, looking for an apartment + found some good deals on valthorens.com (reduced 3 valleys lift passes - approx 165eur instead of 232!) and also on valthorensimmobilier.com (lift passes approx 185eur) both offers when booked with accommodation.
So I just need some help as to which apartment block would be best!
We want to be near the bars / clubs, but also ski in+out or near as!

I think the choices are between Eterlous, Valnoise, Lac du Lou, Roche Blanche, Eskival (potentially).... Unless anyone can suggest alternatives, in case I have got the choice of location in resort completely wrong for ease of access to bars / skiing????! I was under the impression that around the Caron area is best?

Help much appreciated!

this map may come in helpful - http://resa.agence2300.com/ag2300/ls_b_local.asp?langue=GB&imme=14&lot=129&resid=JOKER
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
did you not ask this question a few posts ago??

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55184
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kind of.... although in that post there were only a couple of choices, and now im opening it up as im not sure im looking at the right places
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lac du lou is slap bang in centre of resort. Walk out of apartment block and cross the road and you on the slopes. Also easy access to all shops and nightlife.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aldoyle,

With the exception of the "Balcons" area of Val T everywhere is very accessible for the town/nightlife and the skiing.

Even if you stay at the "bottom end" of the town (eg the Temples du Soleil) it will only be approximately 10 minutes walk to the far end of the town via the lift from the Rue du Soleil.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All of the apartments that you mention are within 50 metres of each other so distance from the nightlife isn't an issue.
Lac du lou is the best for ski in ski out and views.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how about Roche Blanche??? is this place ski in ski out like lac du lou?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister,
Quote:

With the exception of the "Balcons" area

Can you tell me a bit more about this? I'm booked in to the Balcons for new Year
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountain Haddock, Balcons is the newest area and looks the nicest as it's all wooden chalets.
I'd say that new year will be fantastic there. If the snow is good then it is ski in but the last 30 metres is off the side of the Plein Sud piste and quite steep.
It's not that far from the nitelife but the walk home is all uphill.

aldoyle, Can't you get Lac du Lou, or is Roche blanche much cheaper.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
not much cheaper - 395 eur Lac du Lou or 320eur Roche Blanche.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lac du lou isn't ski in ski out is it??? Isn't its entrance on the road where the cinema is and the church?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garethjomo, The ski lockers are on the same level as the bridge that crosses that road and is snow covered all season.
There is a two step walk to the ski locker at the end of the day and a 20 foot walk to the plein sud piste in the morning.
aldoyle, the 2 buildings were side by side 2 years ago but last year there was a russian aparthotel built between them which isn't on the village map. Pm me your email and I'll send you a picture of both.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

395 eur Lac du Lou

for 3 people and with 70 euro each off the lift pass? Sounds like a bargain wherever it is.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
or.... should we pay 50euros more (between us) and stay at Eskival? I noticed that place is smack bang in the middle, AND at the top of the drag....??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
... You can lead a horse to water............................................. Shocked
snow report
dont quite follow you there jimmjimm, just after some advice?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy