Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

scary stuff

Poster: A snowHead
[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/6261553/Skiers-helmet-camera-captures-Alaskan-avalanche-ordeal.html[/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a lesson in doing links?? cant get this to show as a hyperlink but you know what to do.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
don't bother its been covered on here before...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
eithnem, You could look at how people have posted the link to the same video in at least four other threads.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

don't bother its been covered on here before...

Quote:

You could look at how people have posted the link to the same video in at least four other threads.

there's nothing like a friendly helpful snowhead...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eithnem, a very small amount of effort on your part would have found this has been posted before... a lot... so no need to throw your toys out of the pram just because others point it out to you... rolling eyes

Tip: try a search on "avalanche video" and you will find all you need to know on page 1 of the results.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jesus christ people... the snow will fall soon. Let's all calm down.

Cheers for the thought of sharing this with us eithnem Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are we only allowed one conversation on any given topic?

"Sorry officer, I spoke to one of your colleagues about driving too fast 2 years ago - naff off back to the station and look it up...."

rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This thread is full of WIN
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
eithnem, you were nearly there with your link. Here's an example but you need to substitute the square brackets for the curly ones when you actually try it.

{url=http://blahblah}this is my link{/url}

If you click the preview button first instead of the submit you can then check if what you've done has worked. In my example, the text 'this is my link' is blue and is the hyperlink. Hope this helps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wots WIN?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, the opposite of FAIL

(i was being sarcastic, obviously)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And my money was on 'What's Important Now'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, natch. I thought it stood for something too Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chrisdavis wrote:
Are we only allowed one conversation on any given topic?

"Sorry officer, I spoke to one of your colleagues about driving too fast 2 years ago - naff off back to the station and look it up...."

rolling eyes

Well, the similar helmet cam threads are all very recent, rather than 2 years old. I reckon it often helps to keep discussion down to one, or maybe just a few, threads. Stops having to dive around to keep track of various posters thoughts, and improves the performance of the search engine - which is in pretty dire trouble, these days. So if you don't pop into the forum regularly to keep track of what is going on, it seems good manners to check if something has been posted before bursting forth with what you may think is news here.
ski holidays
I can see the point about people not using 'search' but I still think the response was a bit hostile, IMV..
latest report
JT, Massively hostile! Do we have to do a search every time we decide to post something, just in case it's been mentioned before!!! Good heavens! Back to bed guys..and out the other side wink
snow conditions
JT, Joanne Mountainsun, I've already said something similar about rudeness in another post. I think it must be Pre Season Snowhead Tension or PSST for short. rolling eyes

Admin can delete threads so perhaps if someone just replies 'Already posted - here's the link (add thread link as appropriate) - admin please delete this one' then maybe Admin can then remove the duplicates before they become discussions themselves.
latest report
geetee, a lot of tidying up then when time is better spent doing other things... If I see a duplicate post I'll ignore it.. I don't feel the need to post all the time on everything on here .....anymore. Laughing
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, nice post for getting in your pimp links again. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
geetee wrote:
JT, Joanne Mountainsun, I've already said something similar about rudeness in another post. I think it must be Pre Season Snowhead Tension or PSST for short. rolling eyes

Admin can delete threads so perhaps if someone just replies 'Already posted - here's the link (add thread link as appropriate) - admin please delete this one' then maybe Admin can then remove the duplicates before they become discussions themselves.

That would be a fair bit ruder than the two responses eithnem got to start with IMO.
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
JT, Massively hostile! Do we have to do a search every time we decide to post something, just in case it's been mentioned before!!! Good heavens! Back to bed guys..and out the other side wink

If you come across something like that video, then YES you should have a quick check first.

It is the sort of thing that a lot of people will immediately think "Wow - must share that", so there is always going to be a good chance somebody else has done so first.

In this case, it had been posted here three separate times already, all in the last few days. It is easy enough to miss once, but it does get slightly irritating when you open a 3rd or 4th thread to find it is the same thing again.
snow report
Yes, the last two times threads about this were started were both 3 days ago. The previous time was a week or so before and the 4th (and earliest) previous reference was part way into a thread about transcievers, so much easier to miss.
So, yes, mildly irritating if you read the threads regularly, and eithnem, sorry you didn't get the normal, friendly snowheads response, but hey guys, this is a new snowhead bothering to let us know about something he found, which is good, isn't it? All you had to do was click a couple of buttons - was it really worth getting het-up about?

By the way, eithnem, if you simple type a url it will automatically be converted into a link. geetee's advice is used if you want a highlighted phrase rather than the url itself to be the link.
ski holidays
..allow me to retort.

Yes - a duplicate post slightly irritates me too but when I find one I just move on to the next thread, not have a dig at the poster.

Using a search each time i want to post something seems a little extreme but point taken and thanks to those who actually took the trouble to offer the help requested.

Quote:

eithnem, a very small amount of effort on your part would have found this has been posted before... a lot... so no need to throw your toys out of the pram just because others point it out to you...

Tip: try a search on "avalanche video" and you will find all you need to know on page 1 of the results.

TIP: try a search on "GFY"
latest report
I'm probably being terribly thick or out of date but......GFY ?
I tried a search and only found your last post.
snow report
eithnem, Nice response - see, you'll fit in well around here wink

Laughing
ski holidays
Just tried Google Embarassed . I don't speak "texting" but I should have managed to work it out. Very Happy
snow conditions
snowball, FFS rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nope, don't think i would have guessed that one

wink Very Happy
snow report
OMG, AFAIK, IYSWIM, it's quite obvious what GFY is IMHO. Laughing Sorry, ROFLMAO.
snow report
Damn, got me with IYSWIM Embarassed
ski holidays
Laughing If You See What I Mean
ski holidays
NYGMRC HTFAISTWTO Puzzled
snow report
IAWTC
snow report
eithnem, brilliant! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I got all of those Laughing helps to be 19 I suppose...

eithnem, good response, yes I get people double posting on my forum but I don't feel the need to rip their heads off and spit in the hole... most sH are lovely Very Happy but sometimes you get the feeling a few enjoy being unpleasant... Sad

Anyone who doesn't like it should just GTFO Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy