Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs; snow conditions early Dec????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My uni trip is to Les Arcs this Xmas from the 11th of December, I thought that this was quite early and that good snow was unlikely. I know snowfall from year to year can change a lot but does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

J.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
did a uni trip to Les Arcs around the same week a few years ago and there was little snow so I amused myself by breaking my arm on a muddy "piste", on the other hand the last few years you'd have been quids in. keep your fingers crossed and resign yourself to the lap of the gods. IIRC uni trips don't need great snow to be awesome fun.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the last few years you'd have been quids in.

Well, last year you would (except that big chunks of the French Alps had such high winds/blizzards/avalanche risk that lifts were closed - IIRC there was a day when even travel by foot along the main road in Val D'Isere was not allowed). But the year before - 2007 - on 11 December it was dire. I recall there was just one lift open in the Courchevel valley, for example. It's a gamble - depends what your alternatives are.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year the 1st week in LA was fab (apart from the Sunday arvo, when as Pam W rightly said the lifts were closed due to suprt high winds) . Empty pistes, cheap(er) lift passes and accommodation.

What's not too like? You'll probably get decent snow - they're planing on opening bits of the domain on the 5th Dec

Besides it's not like you're going for the skiing after all - based on state of most of the student groups I saw in the arpette last season
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you can't ski the white run, ski the pink run.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I am going for the skiing mainly with the obvious addition of student nightlife Very Happy

I mean I am going skiing at xmas with family anyway so I might just go for the student experience.

Thanks for the swift replies, Ta
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy