Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top Ten Brit infested Ski Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Meribel - France must be one, Mayrhofen - Austria might be another. In your opinion which resorts are in the top ten ski resorts infested by the British?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Despair, Morzine probably not that far behind
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen was a Dutch infested resort last time I was there - at least if you factor in the difference between the 2 national populations.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Met very few non Brits in Glencoe must be rubbish. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Mayrhofen was a Dutch infested resort last time I was there - at least if you factor in the difference between the 2 national populations.

No, that's cheating!! My proposal would be Les Gets.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chamonix?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Espace Killy, Paradiski, Trois Vallees, L2A etc etc.....think big French resorts, and then think how they got to be so big in the first place

Simples
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Gets - another place with many Brits, but also heard many Dutch & Belgian accents on the chairlifts. Only place I've heard someone order "Two cappercheeners and a calvados, mate!" (in a saaaf eest lundun accent).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mosha Marc, Lots of Brits in Chamonix during the peak Brit weeks, but always a good showing for the French & northern europeans as well IMO.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has to be Val D as 1 toff is as annoying as 10 normos.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only ever heard English (and a variation of it you include those from Glasgee Toofy Grin ) spoken at these top 10 'resorts':

Yad Moss
Weardale
Raise
Allenheads
Harwood
Cairngorm
Lecht
Glencoe
Glenshee
Nevis Range
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wouldn't you rather them be infested with us Brits than the arrogant, hard faced germans / (some) french?!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
aldoyle wrote:
wouldn't you rather them be infested with us Brits than the arrogant, hard faced germans / (some) french?!

I like meeting my fellow countrymen / women on ski holidays (provided they are not totally tanked up and fighting at the time). Not all Germans are arrogant and it's good to have a mix, some Dutch are even almost likeable Wink. Was just wondering which resorts have a large British base particulary here in Austria.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chamknee
All the 3v
Val despair
Banff
Verbier
Suzy doh
Morzine/LG
snow conditions
Another question - what is the most brit infested resort in Austria?
snow report
DB, Saalbach ..... full of snowHead
ski holidays
Les Gets every time.
snow report
Many and increasing in Les Gets but thankfully not toff type hooray henrys (who I despise, along with the chavs who appeared in Flaine last time). Most of the British people we have met have been charming.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 7-10-09 16:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
3 Valles
Chamonix
Val Disere
Verbier
Saalbach
Tignes
Deux Alps
Souze

In no particular order
ski holidays
Don't know... don't find many on our trips...
snow conditions
Soldeu (Andorra)
Livigno (Italy)
Val d'Isère
Tignes
Borovets
Verbier
St Anton
snow conditions
When my sons were working in Chamonix one of their French friends told them that his cousin had come to Chamonix to learn English.
snow report
serre chevalier Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Another vote for Merihell.
ski holidays
Quote:

It's a good question and I have no objections to my fellow countrymen when well behaved which to be fair the vast majority are in my experience.

I do prefer a resorts that are not very 'British' I think it's because when I am abroad I like to feel I am abroad and getting s little bit of French/Austrian/Swiss or whatever life even if it is a slightly holidayish 'life'.
latest report
DB wrote:
Another question - what is the most brit infested resort in Austria?

I guess this would be St. Anton. It was the only resort (village, town, city, whatever) so far in Austria where I even encountered a cashier (sp?) from the UK in the supermarket.
ski holidays
Probably down to the geography and cheap flight offers but I'm coming to the conclusion that although some resorts in Austria might have a significant British populatiuon none of them are infested (i.e. there's no equivalent to Meribel in Austria).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Livigno is overrun with Oirish
snow conditions
johnboy, Correction Oirish STUDENTS they love the place
snow report
DB, yes that would be my view too, there are a few Brits in St Anton but it is not a Brit resort. In comparison when I went to Verbier it seemed every one was British, likewise Morzine.
ski holidays
DB, I agree, I mean Zell Am See has a fair few Brits, but they are still in the minority compared with Germans, Dutch, Scandies and increasingly eastern Europeans. The most Brits I have encountered in Austria was probably Mayrhofen, the most annoying Brits were the family of ra-ras in Obergurgl who seemed to deliberately find the same lunch stops as us and then ra-ra on to each other really loudly about how little Jasper and Cordelia were doing at prep. I felt like I was in some swanky Swiss resort.

D
snow report
Deliaskis
Quote:

seemed to deliberately find the same lunch stops as us and then ra-ra on to each other really loudly about how little Jasper and Cordelia were doing at prep. I felt like I was in some swanky Swiss resort.

I find that kind of class paranoia even more annoying than the people who engender it. You would find that Hemel bar on a snowHead club night is not a quiet place (irrespective of accent, which is mixed and includes what some people might term ra-ra) and, shock horror, I have heard some conversations which involve kids' schooling.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Deliaskis
Quote:

seemed to deliberately find the same lunch stops as us and then ra-ra on to each other really loudly about how little Jasper and Cordelia were doing at prep. I felt like I was in some swanky Swiss resort.

I find that kind of class paranoia even more annoying than the people who engender it. You would find that Hemel bar on a snowHead club night is not a quiet place (irrespective of accent, which is mixed and includes what some people might term ra-ra) and, shock horror, I have heard some conversations which involve kids' schooling.

Sorry it was just meant to be an observation - I didn't realise it would be that contraversial. I can assure you that I honestly have no class paranoia, and I am pretty sure it was clear what I meant, and that it had absolutely nothing to do with accent or how people choose to educate their children.

Apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently offended.

D
snow report
Yeah, can you loaded snowheads keep it down a bit and try to give your children proper names. Wink

To anyone I may have inadvertently offended - don't be so soft it's only the internet. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Deliaskis
Quote:

Shame, I was considering a trip to Hemel Sad
snow conditions
Quote:

I find that kind of class paranoia even more annoying than the people who engender it.

I am not sure that it is class paranoia, if it is I share it to an extent. In a foreign country inevitably I find your ear tunes more into people speaking ones own language. There does seem to be a particluar home counties voice that seems capable of drowning out all others in a restaurant that is grating when you are trying to enjoy a meal. Maybe class paranoia but I really did not enjoy the time I heard the full details of someones incontinent bowels over an otherwise pleasant lunch in Davos.
ski holidays
T Bar, Laughing Fair enough!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy