Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 extreme ski size?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry I'm really new at this but anyway..I just got some brand new well fitting ski boots the other day from CEM and now I'm all excited and fancy getting another pair of skis. Smile

I'm 27, 5'' 10 and about 70kg and at the moment I ski Scott p4 in a 181 as my everyday ski.

I went to Hemel for the snowheads monthly meet up at the start of September, so I might have met a few of you there.
I am planning on skiing at hemel quite a bit while im at home this winter, so I was thinking about getting something like an all mountain ski -which I could get some use out at hemel.

I have been thinking about this ski in particular:
-K2 extreme in 174 or 179, but im not sure which size would be better for me? Are the 174's a bit short for me?

Any ski suggestions anyone might have would be great? Thanks James
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definately 179.

I've also got some crackin' all mntn skis available.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What have you got?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah man definitely 179, don't go too short with the Extreme's coz they'll ski shorter being a twin anyway plus it's got a real all-mountain personality and you don't wanna compromise that. Enjoy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, Im looking for some of last years in a 179.

I guess 179 is the most popular size because I cant seem to find any.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elston wrote:
...all mountain ski -which I could get some use out at hemel.

Personally, I'd completely push that out of my mind. The perfect ski for Hemel is a Slalom ski. Whilst you could ski a 21m sidecut radius ski there, you'll get more fun skiing something shorter and turnier - especially if it's busy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elston, Check-out my website on the link below. I'd recommend the HS FR in 179 or the Whitedot One in the same length.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elston, I have the HS FR in 179 and would definetly recommend them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think I saw someone riding a pair of HS skis at Hemel- they look good as a replacement everyday ski for my P4s but I'm not looking for one just yet. I was really looking for a reasonably cheap second pair of skis in a sale somewhere.

I did consider slalom skis but I think I might try to learn a few tricks in the park sometime + I really enjoy mogul skiing and I've read somewhere that the old PEs(extreme with a different top sheet) were pretty good bump ski.

Could I get away with a 174? Ive read some where that k2 size there skis differently?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elston, cough, cough, click here
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy