Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for female to share room 16-23 Jan Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a female to share room with because friend had to pull out. Have booked with a group of 4 other people (all male) to go to catered chalet (Chalet Marmotton) in Plan Pleisy, Les Arcs, from 16-24 January. We are all 55+ and enjoy relaxed evenings in the chalet chatting over a glass of wine rather than going out to sample the nightlife. The chalet still has vacant rooms for that week at the moment so another possibility is for your group of friends to join us - it could be either 3 or 5 people as long as you have a 'spare' female looking for someone to share with to cut costs. Anyone out there interested?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
Yes I am interested - I am Midlands based, 50 this November Sad and as my twins have gone off to Uni a few weeks ago, have now lost my ski buddies! I ski and board am happy to share banter and wine in the evenings rather than partying these days. Could you advise me of the costs and details please?
regards
Stella
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Stella
I am 56 Sad and based in Milton Keynes. The rest of the group consists of 4 blokes from various parts of the Uk and ranging in age from mid 50s to about 70 (the two oldest being the most fit and the best skiers!). We are all lecturers or retired lecturers from various universities. We range from good intermediate (me) to advanced skiers.
Our group will be traveling by train (Eurostar to Paris then sleeper to Les Arcs), leaving in the afternoon on Friday 15th Jan 2010 and getting back in the morning on Sunday 24th Jan, which gives us 8 full days of skiing in the resort. We find the train much less hassle than the airport but, if you prefer, there is an option to fly from Gatwick, in which case you would leave on Sat 16th and get back on Sat 23rd and get 6 days skiing.
Total cost for half-board accommodation, travel and full skipass to the whole area will be approx £970 (or £870 if you fly because you only need a 6-day pass and flying is cheaper than the train). If you needed to hire ski equipment that would be extra.
I'm afraid payment for accommodation (£619) and flight (another £130, if you decided to do that) would be due immediately. Payment for the train would be due around the end of October (booking doesn't open until then and we don't know the exact costs yet). We usually pay for passes when we get out there but you could buy one in advance through the ski company if you wanted to.
regards, Marion
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Marion
Thanks for the info. I'll pass on this occassion - I prefer to fly and am not looking to pay as much as that for January - I hope you get someone soon
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have now found someone to share with so no problem any more. Thanks anyway for your interest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy