Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sheffield Snow Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered (no pun intended) before, but I couldn't find if it had. (Maybe I didn't use the right words in the search function)

I was wondering if anyone knew about Sheffield. I understand that last month the new indoor snow mountain type thing was supposed to open, but I've just been on Sheffield Ski Village's site to find nothing about it.

Does anyone know anything about it? There are so many lovely Northerners on here that know so much... Little Angel

Is the place open yet? is it anything to do with the main Ski Village? or is it completely different?

What's it like if it is?

Thanks,

Si
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The slope at Sheffield Ski Village is artificial, not snow. The nearest indoor snow slope is at Castleford near Leeds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, that's what I've thought, but the reason why I opened the thread was of information from this:

http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=1072

http://www.resortjobs.co.uk/news/2005/02/01shef.htm

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=13840&view=next

But if you know better, which it sounds like you do, then I shall accept your answer Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was a dream that was never going to happen. The place was under different owners when that plan was drawn up. To convince people to invest in it they pretended to start work by removing one of the old dryslopes where the indoor slope was meant to go. Nobody invested, they had no money whatsoever, so the building stopped before it had started, then they went bust and got some new owners who built a bowling alley instead. A bowling alley may not be what skiers and snowboarders really wanted but it will keep the slope ticking over in the long summer months.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There were also problems over access as I understand it. Here are some pics of the road up to it and one showing the club house. The bowling alley is the pale building. You can see slopes in the background and the lit up sign by the lampost is Slush'n'Rubble's at the main entrance.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes it looks as I remember it, sad as I had so much fun there as a teenager Sad As an aside, we went to Castleford Xscape last weekend in prep for our ski trip on 3rd Jan and it was fab. Having never been before I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds, the length of the slope and the fact that someone had 2 free tickets due to part of their party not turning up so he just thrust them in our hands and wished us a good ski, saving us nearly £45!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AllyK, nothing like being in the right place at the right time eh! Glad you had fun at Cas. The best time to go used to be Tuesday/Weds mornings, term-time, off-season until this summer when they decided to leave the freestyle kit out permanently Shocked . Best thing about those times is there is a duty instructor who offers casual coaching at no extra cost if you buy the "FreshTrax" or Over 50s 2 or 3 hour session. Mondays are busier as the Over 50s club skis then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy