Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon ski gear in yet ?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Decathlon lately - is their ski gear in yet ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not in Surrey Quays at the end of last week, but the range of goods is there online if you do a google search and don't try going through the Decathlon homepage e.g. search ski boots decathlon so suspect will launch soon.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 6-10-09 12:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it me, or is that the world's most annoying website? Evil or Very Mad I just phoned up Surrey Quays and learned, via a succession of muppets, that their full range is expected in by the end of next week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My friend went to the Lakeside store last week and said that all the gear was already out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I rang Merry Hill Centre (Dudlaaay) last week and they said they had it in but haven't been over there yet.

Hurtle, Yes!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nottingham store should be done by this weekend apparently. The stock is all in, they just have to reorganise the camping/hiking section to make way for the winter sports section.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, I'll pop in and check later this week. It's on the way home from work.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Hurtle, I'll pop in and check later this week. It's on the way home from work.
Ta. They said they had quite a bit of stuff in already, but not the full range.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sheffield had some stuff out at the weekend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Update: Giltbrook now has three snowsports aisles, although I wouldn't say they were fully stocked yet, only half of the stuff on the website is actually in store.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, So if I look on the website and see anything I like it could possibly be delivered on the 28th Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Linds, no problem. I hear you look after delivery drivers well snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been to the Lakeside store a few times recently

Plenty of gear in there, clothing, ski boots, goggles, helmets etc.
they were still waiting on skis though, although may have them now as i last went over a week ago
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I popped into the Sheffield store yesterday.

Plenty of adult clothing, but not much kids. Lots of boots, but hardly any skis. Loads of goggles, but few Helmets. Fully stocked on back packs.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went to Merry Hell on Saturday. Six pairs of boots and five pairs of skis.....okay maybe a few more but not what you could call well stocked. Some clothes but not much - mainly baselayers.

Waste of a trip, really.....
snow conditions
Can anyone report on stocks at Stockport - mainly looking for clothing for my tall 13yr old son (think it is going to be small adult gear this year !)
snow conditions
As we don't have one near us I will wait until the end of next week and call in at Decathlon in Grenoble I think. Could do with some mid layers.
snow report
kendadj, I was in the Stockport branch last Thursday, there was a fair bit of clothing but it looked as if they were still moving stuff around. I would wait a week or two.
snow conditions
kendadj, looking at your location you might do better at Cheshire Oaks, loads of shops there doing ski clothing.
rjs, thanks for the update I won't bother yet then.
snow report
I went into the store at Canada Water over the weekend. The ski and snowboard gear is in the "other" building this year.

I don't know if it's the larger space that the stuff is in, but there doesn't seem to be as much as previous years. There are certainly far fewer ski boots than normal.

I asked and they said that most of the gear was in - although there is still a fair amount of space around the display area...
ski holidays
their flagship store at Passy (near Sallanches) is absolutely stuffed. I plan a long and indulgent half day there on Wednesday, en route to take my sister back to Geneva airport. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I love that store, I used to love it even more when it was €1.40 to the pound! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
pam w, let us know how you get on snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy