Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half-Term considering Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mounta1nGoat and I are looking for somewhere to go for Feb half term before it gets all booked up. Considering Schladming as flights are from Luton so keeps the costs and travel time down. Mounta1nGoat will be 15 by then and prefers reds and a bit of off-piste. Any feedback welcomed!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schladming is great - there is lots of scope on the 4-mountain (Hauser Kaibling/Planai/Hochwurzen/Reiteralm) linked area, with a good feeling of travelling on mainly red slopes. There is also off-piste scope between the Planai and the Hauser Kaibling and really all around the area if you look for it!

Add to that the opportunity to spend a day at the Dachstein glacier and another away day somewhere like Zauchensee (I adore this place!) or Flachau, then you really have a lot of options.

There are a lot of accommodation options, from Pensions to big hotels to self-catering, so something to suit all tastes and budgets. Lots of choices for eating in or out as well.

Are you doing DIY? It's a good destination for this as transfers from Salzburg are easy and short and there is such a wide range of accommodation you really can't go wrong. Only thing to watch for is location of accommodation to the lifts, as some areas of town are a bit of a walk (it's bigger than your typical resort village as it's a real town with a lift of its own), although there is a bus service round town so it's not too much of a problem.

I did a resort report on Schladming which is in the reports thread at the top of this board, so have a look there for more detail, but I would always encourage a visit to Schladming as it just ticks so many of a lot of people's criteria.

D
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy