Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

insane, mind boggling line in Ak

Poster: A snowHead
check this vid out of a line called the Hotel Room in Alaska...skied here by Sage Cattabriga-Alosa ...crazy http://skiunion.com/videos/line-episode-14-sage-hotel-room.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll post this here as well as the Apre version..

What I think is really critical about this is the power slides they have to do.... get that wrong and you are right over the top... and at speed...!!!!
Awesome control, IMO..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah sorry...a bit of a newbie here. i posted it on the apres section, and got told it should be on here. Its an insane line, it just amazes me how they know where they are on the face when they're skiing it...with only couple of scopes of it from a distace and few fly-pasts...especially on this where there only seems to be one or two viable exits..amazing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That really takes a lot of guts to do, plus no small amount of insanity Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Dude, this is scary".

Errr, I was scared and I'm sitting at my desk.

Wow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is that skiing or mountaineering with really long shoes?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Think I'll take up smoking just to calm the nerves after watching that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What puzzles me is how that long steep line of the ridge is holding the snow. I don't think that is a camera angle deception, I think the side is really steep. On top of that, I would have thought there was a huge risk of avalanche, but I didn't really see a sign of that. Anybody well versed in avalanches care to offer some thoughts on that? Oh - and I thought it was scary too!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Might be wrong here, but i think one of the reasons why the 'Steeps' in Alaska are skiable and that these ridiculous faces actually hold the snow, is due to the snow type...in that the snow in Alaska is predominantly maritime in nature/origin , and is therefore slightly wetter or different in it s make up to other types of snow, meaning that it actually sticks and bonds pretty well to the mountains...avalanches are of course still a huge risk, but i think on slopes as steep as this and with spines, it is the sluff generated by the skier that is his biggest danger, and not huge slab avalanches, as the face is not actually holding a considerable snowpack....though that windlip on the top over the cliff face is OUTRAGEOUS!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would there be any way of skiing a slope like that not at such high speed?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For once "that was sick, dude" actually makes some sort of sense. Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neat bit of flying and sliding.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
^^In response to Achilles. Again, like Yllap, don't want this to be taken as gospel, but avalanches tend not to occur so much on really steep stuff (50 degrees and over) because the pack has to be super stable to stick to a face that steep. Any loose layers pretty much fall away as they land, so avalanche risk at that steepness isn't such an issue - the sluff on the other hand is a major problem and can easily take your feet from under you, that's why Sage looks so nervous jumping from spine to spine, if he ended up in the trough he would be swept away in seconds. I think the best description here would be GNARLY!!!! Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Siiiick!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's the thing with these films...

...you never see anyone snowploughing in them... rolling eyes

(Ok, actually Shocked Shocked Shocked )
latest report
Poor demonstration of the central theme - I can't believe the BASI guys aren't calling him on it wink
ski holidays
monkey1, thank you - and welcome to snowheads.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy