Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids' snow boots: must be waterproof, warm, ultra dead fashionable. And cheap.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions? No Uggs at £79, thanks. We need to kit out 3 kids - girl 6 (size about 11, very wide feet, fashion princess and wants something she can wear to parties too rolling eyes ) boy 3 (probably size 9, doesn't give a damn but is highly shoe-intolerant and will need to be comfortable or he'll be barefoot in the snow) girl 1 year old (not walking yet but probably will be by Christmas, will wear what she's given).

I'd be happy to buy second hand but it's difficult to be sure about fitting.

the Crocs Flurry boots looks good http://www.shoesite.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=1203&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

but they're pricey - and although Lily lives in her pink crocs it's not clear to me whether the sizing is the same.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, http://www.muddypuddles.com/Winter/Boots has a few to look at.

In the past I have got away with buying the boys a size too big as only used for snow fun/walking around the village. Youngest had Olangs once, they were great but over £30 iirc.
Last year we bought him some from Decathlon, about £20, excellent quality, warm etc etc but my eldest is now size 10 so had to buy adults, Blacks I think.

Sorry but I don't think we have any that would fit and certainly nothing for a princess Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, there's an eBay shop selling kids' snow boots here that might be worth a look. Actually, those yetis are pretty cool! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, they are cool, but I can't help wondering what they would look like after a heavy toboganning session Shocked

What about these as a compromise?
http://www.skiwearservice.co.uk/index.php?p=prod&cat=3&prodId=00000357
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, There are some children's snowboots on this site: www.outdoormegastore.co.uk, that are a bit cheaper than the ones you showed on your link. My daughter and I both have snowboots (Olangs) from them, they arrived promptly and we ordered the same size as we normally wear in shoes. I have a fairly wide foot and the fit was fine. Hope this is of some help!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iski, there's a tiny error in your link (comma after .uk) which means it won't work - this one should be OK http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/ Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks folks - passed on to my DiL to have a look at.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Aldi normally have kids winter boots sometime before Xmas if you can hang on ......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniepen, Thanks for correcting that snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bargain boards have a large selection of excellent kids boots at good prices - I'd certainly give them a look.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, my SIL had the muddy puddles ones for her two kids and they were not waterproof. A friend had some from Blacks for her child, they were supposed to be waterproof but turned out not to be. Unfortunately this is one product where you really do seem to get what you pay for. The boots definitely need to be seam sealed, generally they aren't, so the foot bit is indeed waterproof but then they get wet at the join with the fabric upper. Or snow gets in at the top, long boot with a drawstring is a good design. The very best boots I have had are made by Sorel, they are Super Troopers. Not cheap but superb, they will double as wellies, they are totally watertight. www.littletrekkers.co.uk is a very good site for kids stuff but also seen these which look like they may well be good and are much cheaper http://www.outdoormania.co.uk/category-4-23-Apres_Ski.aspx
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sarah, thanks. The little trekkers have a super pair - reduced - which look like they might be just the job.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy