Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a group of 8 going to Ischgl for the last week in January.
Does any one know of a good value ski hire shop.
Have checked a few already and they all seem to charge the same inflated prices.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chick wrote:
We are a group of 8 going to Ischgl for the last week in January.
Does any one know of a good value ski hire shop.
Have checked a few already and they all seem to charge the same inflated prices.

Not been to ischgl but done st. anton quite a few times and one gets the impression there's a meeting in September time where all the shop owners get together and set the prices for the forthcoming year - would imagine something similar is the case down the road..

To my mine the 'best value' when it comes to a hire shop is the one close to your accommodation that has a friendly service and the level of kit that you require both in terms of types of ski and their condition. This is not necessarily the cheapest (IMHO)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, I would totally agree. I can't prove it but IMO there is definitely a cartel operating within ski hire companies in Ischgl. They all charge the same, inflated prices. I've skied in a lot of Austrian resorts and in the vast majority there appears to be genuine competition but it certainly isn't the case in Ischgl or from what I remember in St. Anton, though its a few years since I have been there. Over the last couple of years I've skied in both Mayrhofen and Zell Am See and found ski hire to be reasonably priced. However, I find ski hire in Iscghl where I go every year extortionate, so much so, particularly given the poor exchange rate, that I bought my own this year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy your own and take them with you...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice.
For €200 more might aswell buy a pair.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chick, if you are driving yourselves up, you could pick up some skis in Kappl, 6 miles before Ischgl, prices seem reasonable here:

http://www.bergfex.com/kappl/skiverleih/ for a list of ski shops in Kappl

http://www.sporthuber.at/index.php?id=6&L=1 this place is charging €54 for basic up to €92 for VIP for 6 days hire, free kids hire too.

We found that when we skied Lech (I suspect similar cartel rules here too) we could get skis a lot cheaper by renting on our way up to the resort at Sport Milanovic in Wald am Arlberg, excellent quality too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl is a closed shop re hire shops and hotels
Great skiing though
If you need to buy anything when there goggles etc its cheaper on the Swiss side
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy