Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reheating Salomon Liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My feet have changed shape due to extra mountain biking the last 2 years. The last 2 trips, they have become tight around the calfs/shin. I'm thinking about reheating my Salomon Xwave 8 liners using a heat gun and remoulding them around my feet again. Does anyone know if this works before I try it? Either way I'm giving it a go - nothing to lose. I don't want to spend anymore money if I can help it. Last resort is new liners/boots.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Inverted8, This is not advise this is just a guess a heat gun might be a bit intense hair dryer or oven might be better.
If you melt them you can always get custom liners.

There might be other things you can do that will help more. Do the boots have a spoiler in them take it out, you can always put it back you cant un melt your liners.

Please post results (pictures) whatever you do Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inverted8,
I am sure somebody more qualified will be along shortly but as I understand it your liners will be made of"thermosetting" material and the process is a once only operation. I would be very inerested if I am wrong because it would sove a lot of problems but I don't think I am.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RPF, I don't think the Xwave range have spoilers, I know several people with the same problem who ski in Xwave 10s.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reheated boot liners are the most common cause of food posioning in the UK. I could be getting that mixed up with rice though. As said before, glue gun seems a littel extreme. Hair dryer or fan heater is more similar to what they use originally. Mine certianly weren't glue gun temp when i put them on to mold them. Then again you could just take the liners out entirely and fill you boots with glue. Dunk you foot in and you a have a perfect mould.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
See Cooking with Big Tim:

http://www.telemarktips.com/DrTelemark.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Inverted8, re heating the liner will have little or no effect and a heat gun is probably the easiest way to trash them..... best thing to do for this problem is to heat the shells (or at least the top of them) in a large pan of boiling water...... this will soften the shell and then put the liners in and put the boots on (you will need gloves to clip them up)

this process will help the plastic mould round the calf and reduce the tightness.... first thing i would do is remove the spoiler if it is not already out.... you may need to drill the "captive "end off the screw which holds it in place

rjs, womens X waves don't have the spoiler fitted generally, but the mens ones do
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just finished boiling and fitting them. They do seem to have 'softened' a bit when I had it all done up tight and stood in them for 20 mins. I won't know for certain untill I ski in them. It was quite easy - put them into a steel bucket of water onto a gas hob. I didn't properly boil then at 100 deg C (bubbling hot!), I heated the water to about 70-80 degrees C for about 30 mins, but I think hot enough. The metal buckles were too hot to touch! I had to wear thick rubber gloves. I used the hot water afterwards to mop the kitchen floor instead of just flushing it down the drain.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy