Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sport Hotel Berger, Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs JB has just been down to Thomas Cooks and they have ditched their Andorra and French flights over Christmas, so it has to be Austria, which is fine anyway.

They have come up with the above hotel for £1452.00 for 2 people, H/B. Alot more than I usually pay, but have always wanted to do a full week in Saalbach. What do you peeps think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have stayed in this hotel and can really recommend it. A typical Austrian hotel which is very close to the main lift (and apres ski bars Shocked) that offers very comfortable (and clean) accommodation. The food is good (including the afternoon tea Very Happy ) with friendly staff. I would definately use this hotel again if skiing in Saalbach.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Justlooked on directski and the same hotel is over £1800.00 for same date Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's bang in the middle of the village, right by the village square, therefore very convenient for all facilities and an easy walk from all three of the lifts (Schattberg Xpress, Kohlmais gondola and Bernkogel chair). It also has a pole-dancing club in the basement, full of naked Poles (which my wife dragged me into for research purposes one night).
You're doing the right thing by looking for somewhere in central Saalbach, rather than one of the hotels along the main road outside the village - taxis, ski buses and walking are to be avoided if possible, particularly when you're in a resort that prides itself on its fully interlinked lift system.
PM me your e-mail if you would like me to send you my 'Rough Guide to Saalbach'. (Don't however expect too much - just my ramblings about ski areas, bars, restaurants, etc.)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

It also has a pole-dancing club in the basement, full of naked Poles

Ah, that will explain the mirrored ceilings then when we dropped in for lunch one day during summer Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, We stayed there about 3 years ago and it was great in terms of location and distance to lifts. We were in a room at the front of the hotel so it got a bit noisy later on at night, but it didn't disturb us too much as we were really tired!

The rooms are still in the 70's in terms of decor but they were comfortable. Our room was fine in terms of size but our friends was so small that they couldn't get out of the bed without climbing over it and there was only about a foot of space on the other side. Some complained and were moved to the annex across the road where the rooms were quite big, so if you're not happy it might be worth asking.

Food was fine (providing you're not vegetarian!) and staff friendly.

Price seems ok as we paid around £690 p/p for the last week in Feb. Saalbach is well worth the money!

PS: Don't leave any beer chilling on the balcony if you're at the front of the hotel as ours was pinched! (These balconies didn't have dividers).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me and my family stayed here this summer just gone, it was lovely. We got upgraded into a suite when we got there which was nice! All the staff were lovely, decor is not traditionaly austrian but its nice all the same. Brilliant location too, for winter, really close to both lifts, one was an uphil walk but still absolutely lovely !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would like to share my experience. I went for ski in Idaho the staff here at http://SkiResorts.com are a collection of skiers, snowboarders, and ski town enthusiasts who have a passion and love for the ski resorts they cover. And they hope they can help you enjoy them too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy